Migration, Unable to connect to ZeXtras Server System - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Migration, Unable to connect to ZeXtras Server System

Any update on this Cine or how to delete the duplicates?

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello dslauter!

I'm still investigating this...

Did the import process fail one or more times without any "Operation Completed" or "Operation Interrupted" notification?
    Also, what's the output of the following commands:

`ls -la /opt/zimbra/backup/zextras/accounts/`
    `find /opt/zimbra/backup/zextras/accounts/ -iname *mapper*`

Unfortunately, there is no automated way to remove duplicate messages. The R&D team is currently evaluating to add such feature but right now I can't tell if and when it will be added to ZeXtras Suite.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Is there a way I can attach this as a text file? It is too big for the submission here.

Hello dslauter!

Feel free to send it to community@zextras.com

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Okay I have sent the file. There was an interruption in the import so I ran the import again. However in the incremental backup it says that it is okay to run it more than once as it won't re-add items that are already there. I just purchased the ZxBundle for our server and it is incredible. I am sure everyone would appreciate a way to delete duplicate emails and contacts.

Hello dslauter!

I received and checked the file, and as I thought the "id_mapper" file for some users is missing, which is why some users have duplicated items.
    It's indeed ok to run the import multiple times, but if an import is interrupted abruptly the map files might not be successfully written/updated causing item duplication as it happened in your case...

An import failing without any error/notification is not normal: you need investigate why this happened - mailbox.log and zmmailbox.out are your best friends in cases like this - and carefully check imported data before running the import again.

I agree that a "find duplicates" tool would be very helpful, and I'll do my best to plead this cause with the higher echelons!

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

I was notified that it was interrupted, is there anyways for me to tie the bad map files to the usernames so i don't import them again?

Hello Dslauter!

One way to minimize the chances of duplication is to empty/delete the accounts lacking a proper id_mapper file before starting another import: I'll extract a list of accounts from the data you sent me and I'll send it to you.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12