I need a migration with no downtime
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: I need a migration with no downtime

I need a migration with no downtime

I want to migrate my actual zimbra 7.1(rhel 5.5) to a new fresh server (Linux rhel 6.4) zimbra 8.0.6.

Where should begin? I have a large amount of data to migrate (300 gb) and I don't want to lose or put in risk the normal operation of my production server.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

You should begin by using this.

ZxBackup: Incremental migration with ZeXtras Backup - ZeXtras Suite Wiki

Regards,
    Sebas
    d0s0n and Cine like this.

Thank you sebas.

So far I have installed zextras suite in both server (Disable the Real Time Scanner ), done zmblobchk and zmdbintegrityreport (in source). I donīt have enough space in my production server so I have shared a carpet (/backup).... what setting must be done in zextras suite to use this shared carpet?

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luis_lga View Post
    Thank you sebas.

So far I have installed zextras suite in both server (Disable the Real Time Scanner ), done zmblobchk and zmdbintegrityreport (in source). I donīt have enough space in my production server so I have shared a carpet (/backup).... what setting must be done in zextras suite to use this shared carpet?
    Hello luis_lga,
    welcome to the forums!

In order for ZeXtras Backup to save its data on "/backup/" you need to change the "Backup Path" setting in the "ZxBackup" section of the ZeXtras Administration Zimlet to the proper path.

Please make sure that your shared folder is on a Case Sensitive filesystem: this is the only requirement, due to the algorithm used by ZeXtras Backup to name files.

If this is your very first experience with ZeXtras Backup, I strongly suggest to have a look at the ZeXtras Backup Admin Guide in order to get acquainted with the module's terminology and features.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Thank you.

I read part of the doc and I some questions

The inizialitation must be done in both server?

I will change the backup file only in source server? the path that I have to use for /backup/ is /mnt/zimbrabck/?

Actually I only have one server where zimbra is installed (one dns, one store)

I have a Single Domains whatīs the best method to approch the export? Fullscan or Single Domains Export ?

Thank you

Hello Luis!

The inizialitation must be done in both server?
    Yes, as any ZeXtras Backup operation will be ignored unless the module is properly initialized...

I will change the backup file only in source server? the path that I have to use for /backup/ is /mnt/zimbrabck/?
    You only need to change the backup path on the source server, as the import path and the backup path on the destination server cannot be the same folder... The path you need to use is the mountpoint of the share.

Actually I only have one server where zimbra is installed (one dns, one store)
    I have a Single Domains whatīs the best method to approch the export? Fullscan or Single Domains Export ?
    The method described in the Incremental Migration guide that Seba linked in his post (FullScan) is the best one, and also the only one that allows for incremental migrations... Going for the export/import route will be longer and is not transparent to the users.

Thank you
    You're welcome!

Have a nice day,
    Cine

Hello Cine,

Yesterday I started a full scan at 9:51 pm but Iīm not sure this process is still working.

I have no notifications but I don't see any activity in the where the data is supposed to be store.

What can I do to verify the backup is working?

Than you

Hello Luis!

You can check the running and queued operations by running the following command as the "zimbra" user:

Code:
    zxsuite backup getAllOperations
    This command, just as the "Operation Started" and "Operation Running" notifications, will also show the Operation ID for the restore, which is the argument for the following command:

Code:
    zxsuite backup monitor {operationID}
    This command allows you to monitor the progress of the operation (in terms of items/accounts restored).

Please remember that stopping or restarting the mailboxd service during any ZeXtras Backup operation will interrupt the operation itself and discard the operation queue, so if the command I mentioned below doesn't return any result you'll need to start the operation again (and keep an eye on the mailbox.log for errors/exceptions).

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    Last edited by Cine; 02-24-2014 at 02:21 PM.

Good Morning Cine.

I was able to monitor the process and it Ended today at 0:14...

This is the notification:
    This is an automated notification from ZxBackup about Full Scan.

Operation Full Scan Completed.

Operation Id: ec31de90-49c1-45c2-967a-02ff543e7e48
    Operation Host: mail.banhcafe.hn

- stats -
    new accounts: 477
    accounts updated: 10
    skipped accounts(by COS): 0
    item updated: 0
    new metadata: 976061
    new files: 729551
    checked items: 976382
    backup path: /mnt/zimbrabck/
    skipped items: 197
    num skipped files: 0
    I/O read exception: 3
    items/sec: 5.1881156
    additional notification mails:
    Exceptions: item: 29417 on account aacosta@banhcafe.hn
    reason:[FullScan] Unable to access zimbra file: sTSHecQC6VI3f,hsihilgzMxpQQ=
    at com.zextras.backup.ZEBItem.synchronize ( ZEBItem.java:1110 )
    at com.zextras.backup.ZEBAccount.synchronize ( ZEBAccount.java:1693 )
    at com.zextras.op.backup.ZEScanOperation.doItemsScan ( ZEScanOperation.java:508 )
    at com.zextras.op.backup.ZEScanOperation.doAllItemsSc an ( ZEScanOperation.java:464 )
    at com.zextras.op.backup.ZEScanOperation.doAccountSca n ( ZEScanOperation.java:415 )
    at com.zextras.op.backup.ZEScanOperation.doDomainScan ( ZEScanOperation.java:105 )
    at com.zextras.op.backup.ZEFullScanOperation.doOperat ion ( ZEFullScanOperation.java:385 )
    at com.zextras.op.ZEOperation.exec ( ZEOperation.java:652 )
    at com.zextras.backup.ZEBackupThread.execOperation ( ZEBackupThread.java:225 )
    at com.zextras.backup.ZEBackupThread.run ( ZEBackupThread.java:114 )
    Caused by: com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MailServiceException: No such blob: mailbox=16, item=29417, change=98140
    ExceptionId:ZxBackup Thread:1393034337554:8c45dca25883d1da
    Code:mail.NO_SUCH_BLOB
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MailServiceException.NO_SUCH _BLOB ( MailServiceException.java:269 )
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MailItem.getBlob ( MailItem.java:971 )
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MailItem.getContentStream ( MailItem.java:990 )
    at com.zextras.zal.ZEItem.getContentStream ( ZEItem.java:280 )
    at com.zextras.backup.ZEBItem.synchronize ( ZEBItem.java:1103 )
    at com.zextras.backup.ZEBAccount.synchronize ( ZEBAccount.java:1693 )
    at com.zextras.op.backup.ZEScanOperation.doItemsScan ( ZEScanOperation.java:508 )
    at com.zextras.op.backup.ZEScanOperation.doAllItemsSc an ( ZEScanOperation.java:464 )
    at com.zextras.op.backup.ZEScanOperation.doAccountSca n ( ZEScanOperation.java:415 )
    at com.zextras.op.backup.ZEScanOperation.doDomainScan ( ZEScanOperation.java:105 )
    at com.zextras.op.backup.ZEFullScanOperation.doOperat ion ( ZEFullScanOperation.java:385 )
    at com.zextras.op.ZEOperation.exec ( ZEOperation.java:652 )
    at com.zextras.backup.ZEBackupThread.execOperation ( ZEBackupThread.java:225 )
    at com.zextras.backup.ZEBackupThread.run ( ZEBackupThread.java:114 )

This NO_SUCH_BLOB problem was reported in 9 mail accounts.... Is necesary to do something with this error or I can proceed with the Data Synchronization ?

According to Incremental migration guide I should run Incremental migration with ZeXtras Backup.... Since I alreday backed up my origen data server and copied via mnt to a carpet in my target server how do I have to do this Sinchronization? The guide indicates I must run something like this rsync -avH /opt/zimbra/backup/zextras/ root@desinationserver:/path/for/the/data/ would you please tell me how to do this.

Thank you

Hello Luis!

The "No such BLOB" errors may be caused either by bad Zimbra items or by I/O errors. Use Zimbra's `zmblobchk` utility and check the health of your storage before running another fullscan in order to maximize the chances to recover those skipped items.

Since your Backup Path is on a shared filesystem, you don't need to use rsync at all: you just need to mount such filesysyem on the new server and use it as the import path.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast