I need a migration with no downtime - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: I need a migration with no downtime

Hello Cine,

After my third import I notice i have many duplicate mails. This was probably a map_files problema. The point is that I have invest many days in this process and I don´t want to lose all my effort. I don´t want to start all over again. Is the a way that guarantee I can just eliminate the duplicates mail and end with the migration.

Is there something I must do to solve the duplicate mails.

Tahnk you

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello Luis!

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to automagically find and delete duplicated emails.
    My suggestion would be to make sure that any disk permission issue is solved and then start over with the migration carefully following the Incremental Migration Guide linked by pup_seba above: the guide, along with the experience you gained on the first try, would make the migration much faster and easier.

Remember that you can still use the data you previously exported as the Backup Path for the source server, thus avoiding to run the first FullScan all over again...

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Hello cine,

I want to do the step 9 of the ZxBackup: Incremental migration with ZeXtras Backup guide. Step 9: Galsync

Delete all the imported GalSync accounts from the Zimbra Administration Console, create new GalSync accounts on all the imported domains and then re-initialize all the galsync accounts with the following command:

zmgsautil forceSync -a galsync@domain.com -n [resourcename].... what should I put in [resourcename]?

There is a Cli command to delete and créate the gal accounts? or is there a way to do this in the admin console? how can I do thah?

Thank you

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luis_lga View Post
    Hello cine,

I want to do the step 9 of the ZxBackup: Incremental migration with ZeXtras Backup guide. Step 9: Galsync

Delete all the imported GalSync accounts from the Zimbra Administration Console, create new GalSync accounts on all the imported domains and then re-initialize all the galsync accounts with the following command:

zmgsautil forceSync -a galsync@domain.com -n [resourcename].... what should I put in [resourcename]?

There is a Cli command to delete and créate the gal accounts? or is there a way to do this in the admin console? how can I do thah?

Thank you
    Hello luis_lga!

You can find all GalSync information you might need on the Official Zimbra Documentation

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234