I need a migration with no downtime - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: I need a migration with no downtime

Thank you Cine.

I have ran this zmblobchk several times. Many accounts were fixed but threre´re still some accounts with this NO such Blob error I have found the ítems are some images that are not important so I don´t care if these are not recovered so I will proceed with the first Import and see what happens.

Than You Cine,

I am not intereted to recover the ítems in these 9 accounts... The Ítems are non important files I just want to proceed with the first Import and see what happen.

Good Morning Cine,

Yesterday I started my first Migration so far is working I let you a simple of the monitor:

Operation log path: /opt/zimbra/log/zextras_ZxBackup_ExternalRestore_2a985499-4936-4b23-9391-1a8c6af3bc02.log
    Warnings/Errors: 0/0
    Restored Accounts(only attributes): 474/474
    Restored Accounts(common items): 98/474
    Restored Accounts(only shared & datasources): 0/474
    Current Account: ggamez@banhcafe.hn
    Restored/Skipped Items: 226102/98
    Unrestored Items: 0

I saw these 98 Skipped Ítems.... I hope it has a way to know why these ítems are skipped and a way to recovered if needed.

On the other hand, In my source server I received a mail about a Operation Smart Scan failed.

It is scheduled to perform a daily smartscan at 4:00 am. I guess this error is because the first import is running in my target server. Do I have to wait the import ends to do the daily smartscan?

Thank you

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello Luis!

A quick guide on how to identify and deal with Unrestorable Items can be found on the ZeXtras Wiki at Zx Backup: Unrestorable items - ZeXtras Suite Wiki...

Regarding the failed SmartScan, the "Operation Failed" notification usually has an error trace that can help identify the issue: could you please paste the notification here or email it to community@zextras.com so that I'll be able to have a look at it?

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras team

Thanks for all your support Cine.

I found my problema with the Smartscan. This is the line:

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /mnt/zimbrabck/server/backup_25_02_14#04_01_01 (Permission denied)

Yesterdar when I started my first Import I had problems when using my source path I found a permisson problema so I ran this 'chown -R zimbra:zimbra /luis/' and this worked for the first import but I guess this produced the permisson problema in my smartscan. I don't know what to do to solve this problema.

Please help..... what should I do to fix this.... I am not a Linux user

Thank you

Cine,

It will be enough just simply run chown -R zimbra:zimbra /mnt/zimbrabck in order to set the same permissons I set on target server?

Thanks

why my source target asks me to initialze the backup path again? why?

Last weekend I alreday initialized the backup path and do a fullscan which is importing right in my target server.

Is it posible to initialize again without a full scan? or is there any problem if I initialize again and do the full scan while a first import is running right now on mi target server?

Thanks

Hello Luis!

Quote Originally Posted by luis_lga View Post
    Cine,

It will be enough just simply run chown -R zimbra:zimbra /mnt/zimbrabck in order to set the same permissons I set on target server?

Thanks
    This depends on how the backup folder is shared between the servers, the cause of the issue may be an uid/gid difference between source/dest or a with the server exporting the folder (in case, for example, of an NFS share)...
    In order to check this, simply compare the UIDs of the 'zimbra' user on both the source and destination server, and change your export/mount settings accordingly...

Quote Originally Posted by luis_lga View Post
    why my source target asks me to initialze the backup path again? why?

Last weekend I alreday initialized the backup path and do a fullscan which is importing right in my target server.

Is it posible to initialize again without a full scan? or is there any problem if I initialize again and do the full scan while a first import is running right now on mi target server?

Thanks
    If the backup path shows up as not initialized it means that ZeXtras Backup either can't file the appropriate files or can't access those. Did you unmount the shared folder or change the permissions so that the 'zimbra' user on the source server can't access the files anymore?

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Hi Cine,

Yesteeday I ran the chown -R zimbra:zimbra /mnt/zimbrabck and didn't resolve the issue.

old server zimbra 501 501
    new server zimbra 496 491

My export has this line

/luis 172.18.1.7*(sync,rw)

According to what I have read I should do in my export file someting like:

/luis 172.18.1.7*(sync,rw,anonuid=501,anongid=501)

I tried this yesterday and didn´t work maybe I did something wrong....

I changed the permission on the target server... It was needed to do my first import this was done on monday....

actually the mount point is mounted 172.18.1.10:/luis on /mnt/zimbrabck type nfs (rw,addr=172.18.1.10)

Please help me to solve this issue....

Hello Luis!

This topic has been discussed not long ago, please have a look at THIS thread: there are some very useful suggestions and links...

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast