"Next"-Button in Migration-Tool don't work.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Next"-Button in Migration-Tool don't work.

"Next"-Button in Migration-Tool don't work.

Hello,

I wan't to migrate from ZCS7 (Ubuntu 10.04) to ZCS8 (Ubuntu 12.04 x64). I can start the Migration-Wizzard. The enter the "Export Destination Path". But when I'm pushing the "Next"-Button nothing happened. Anny ideas?

This button:

Best Regards
    Christoph

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello Christoph,
    welcome to the forums!

In order to properly assist you, we'd need to know the following:
    - your OS, its version and architecture
    - the browser you were using when experiencing the issue and its version

One thing that comes into my mind is that sometimes when entering any data in the Zimbra Administration Console, pasteing is not recognized as a valid user input... If you used copy/paste to enter the Export Path I suggest you to try manually adding and removing a whitespace to the path - I know that this might sound strange but it's worth a try as it happens to me lot...

If this trick doesn't solve the issue, please enter the Zimbra Administration Console in dev mode (see
    Announcements - ZeXtras Migration Tool for more informations about it) and check your browser's dev tools for any javascript error.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Hello Cine,

thanks for your fast Answer.
    The OS of the Server (it is a VM) ist "Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS x64".
    I have used Chrome and Firefox. In both browsers the same problem.

I don't have set the path an leave it default but thanks for the hint.

Oh, where I can get to the dev-mode?

Best regards
    Christoph

Hi everybody,

Have the same issue. "Next" button doesn't works.
    Use ZCS 7 on Debian x64. In dev mode I see an error in console: when script tries to get domain list, it gets "undefined" instead of list and fails:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined zxmig_wizard.js:210
    var json = ZXBase.sendRequest("ZxBackup", "getCurrentDomains",
    {targetServers: item.name}, false);

if (!json.has_errors) {
    domains = json.response.domainList;
    }

for (var n = 0; n < domains.length; ++n) {
    (The error is at the last line. domains = "undefined" in my case).

Why it can't get domain list? Is it something wrong with my Zimbra config or maybe lack of permissions somewhere or closed port?

PS. Attaching console's screenshot. Maybe it helps to identify the problem:

Last edited by gene; 04-15-2013 at 05:49 PM.

Hello gene,

thanks for your replay. Can You tell me how I can get the dev-mode for admin-backend so i can verify your error!?

Thanks and best regards
    Christoph

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arny80Hexa View Post
    Hello gene,

thanks for your replay. Can You tell me how I can get the dev-mode for admin-backend so i can verify your error!?

Thanks and best regards
    Christoph
    Hello Christoph!

As I previously said, you can find all info about how to report an issue on the Anouncement topic at the top of each section:

Quote Originally Posted by http://forums.zextras.com/news-announcements/announcements.html
    WARNING: If the Zimbra Administration Console gets stuck during the page loading when logging into Debug Mode and you are running Zimbra 8.x chances are that the Zimbra DOS filter is blocking the access due to the high number of connections created in Debug Mode. Please check this thread in the official Zimbra forums: ZCS DoSFilter Workaround: ZCS 8.0.1-8.0.2 to see how to tweak the number of allowes connections per second.

GENERAL - ZeXtras Administration Zimlet and ZeXtras Chat Zimlet issues
    When reporting an issue related to any ZeXtras GUI, please provide the full error text and debug informations.

It's very important to use Zimbra's debug mode when gathering this informations, as only this way we will be able to identify the exact component causing the error.
    To enter the debug mode, simply add the "?dev=1" string at the end of your URL (e.g. http://mail.mydomain.com:7071/?dev=1). This forces Zimbra to ignore any cached data to and reload any Javascript component separately.

Checking for exceptions in the Zimbra Administration Console:
    - Log into the Zimbra Web Client adding "?dev=1" after the URL of your server (e.g. https://mail.example.com/?dev=1).
    - Verify if the issue still occours. If not, clearing the browser's cache should solve the issue permanently.
    - If the issue persists, open your browser's debug tool: the "Javascript Console" in Google Chrome or the "Firebug" add-on for Firefox.
    - Reload the Zimbra Web Client (always with the ?dev=1 particle) and search for any error or exception in the debug tool's console (last tab in the Javascript Console, first tab in Firebug).
    - Include the complete error or exception in your bug report.
    Have a nice day,
    Cine

Hello Cine, hello gene,

it seems like I have the same issue:

Is there any Way to fix it?

Thanks
    Christoph
    Last edited by Arny80Hexa; 04-16-2013 at 09:33 AM.

Hi Christoph,

Quote Originally Posted by Arny80Hexa View Post
    Hello gene,

Christoph
    Just add "?dev=1" to login URL.

Hi, Cine!

What more info could I provide to attempt to fix the issue in my case? It is also important for me, I have to migrate from Zimbra 7 to 8 and have no idea how to do it

Quote Originally Posted by gene View Post
    Just add "?dev=1" to login URL.
    Have found it, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by gene View Post
    What more info could I provide to attempt to fix the issue in my case? It is also important for me, I have to migrate from Zimbra 7 to 8 and have no idea how to do it
    Same as here. I want to migrate from an ubuntu 10.04 Virtual Maschine (Zimbra 7) to an Ubuntu 12.04 root server (Zimbra 8).

Hi All and thanks for the feedbacks.

We can confirm the issue, it's only a javascript error, so we are working on a new zxmig zimlet to fix the problem.
    Within the hour, I think we will post in this thread the com_zextras_zxmig zimlet. In the meantime, I remind you that you can export the data using zxbackup following this guide.

D0s0n
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Head of ZeXtras System Administrators

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast