Migrating 13'000 accounts/2'000 domains - ZxMig good?

Thread: Migrating 13'000 accounts/2'000 domains - ZxMig good?

Migrating 13'000 accounts/2'000 domains - ZxMig good?

Hello

I'm planning to migrate a multi server installation of ZCS NE 6.0.15 to either a multi server ZCA (appliance) or multi-server ZCS ("proper") 8.x installation. Once we do this (which would be in a few months, or so), we'd like to migrate ALL of our domains and users more or less at once. We're doing tests now.

Thing is - we've got like 13'000 accounts and about 2'000 domains and a mail store of about 2TB.

Would ZxMig actually scale for such a medium sized installation?

One problem I foresee is the duration of the whole process. To not risk losing any mails, I guess I should stop delivery and also make IMAP/POP3/Webmail/ inaccessible to users (→ downtime). But that just cannot take days, as you might guess

I'm a bit unsure - is it worthwhile to invest time and effort into ZxMig, or is that just too big for this tool?

Thanks,
    Alexander

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello Alexander!

For this kind of a migration I suggest using the ZeXtras Backup module for ZeXtras Suite on both the source and destination server, as it provides more migration options than the ZeXtras Migration Tool.
    Other than this, I see no possible issues in performing your migration!

I'll send you my direct contact via PM, I'd like to discuss your needs and the migration process.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    Last edited by Cine; 02-11-2013 at 05:32 PM.