Ubuntu 32bit to Ubuntu 64bit

Thread: Ubuntu 32bit to Ubuntu 64bit

Ubuntu 32bit to Ubuntu 64bit

Hello,

Fist of all, I must compliment you on your software. On the surface, it is very nicely written and seems to solve a huge problem with Zimbra Support and their pathetic excuse for a Migration Path... They have a Wiki... Woohoo!

On to the meat of it; I have a Zimbra 7.2.0 NE Server running on Ubuntu 8.04 32-bit. This is a production server with about 120 accounts, some are extremely active (8gb+). I need to move this server to New Hardware, running Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit and Zimbra 8 NE.

It would be Super Special and Great, and Wonderful if Zextras could accomplish this. I've read through the forum, watched the vidoes (nicely done, btw), and I haven't seen anything that matched my situation exacly. So I thouht I would ask.

Can you save me from the Hell that is Zimbra Migration???

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello roteri,
    welcome to the forums!

ZeXtras Suite and the ZeXtras Migration Tool are the right tools for you!

Both the tools are OS and Architecture independent, as the exported data is provided by Zimbra itself and not "extracted" from the database and filesystem. Same thing goes for the imported data, which is "fed" to Zimbra at an application level rather than a filesystem/db level.

A step-by-step migration guide can be found at ZxBackup: Incremental migration with ZeXtras Backup - ZeXtras Suite Wiki (we have a Wiki too ). This guide explains how to "incrementally" migrate your server using the ZeXtras Backup module of ZeXtras Suite in order to give the minimum possible downtime and annoyance to your users.

Feel free to post any further questions you might have!

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    IT Support Team Contact Form
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website
    # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Have ZeXtras Suite or ZeXtras Migration Tool been helpful to you?
    Share your experience in the Zimbra Gallery!

ZeXtras Suite on the Zimbra Gallery
    ZeXtras Migration Tool on the Zimbra Gallery