Problem installing Migration Tool

Thread: Problem installing Migration Tool

Problem installing Migration Tool

Hello,

When I attempt to install the Migration Tool on my server I get the following:

[root@mail zextras_migration_tool-1.6.2]# ./install.sh all

-------------------------

Checking for existing installations ...

FOUND Zimbra ..

./libs/functions.sh: line 82: [: too many arguments
    The current Zimbra installation version doesn't meet the minimum requirements to install ZeXtras successfully.
    Read the minimum requirements for ZeXtras and, if you wish, upgrade Zimbra accordingly.

Checking my version, I get:

[zimbra@mail ~]$ zmcontrol -v

Release CentOS5_64 FOSS edition.

When I check the version through the GUI (Help Desk > About Zimbra Version) I get: Version 6.0.14_GA_2928.FOSS Aug 2, 2011

How can I get the CLI to reflect the correct information, so that the tool will install.

Thank you much,
    Doug

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello Doug!

the ZeXtras Installer relies on zmprov to identify the Zimbra version running on the server, and zmprov queries the system's package manager about this information. Thus, I'd suggest you to check that all informations about the Zimbra packages are correct in your package manager.

I asked the devs of the ZeXtras Installer to prepare me a patchfile that will allow you to install ZeXtras Suite regardless of this issue, shouldn't take long to prepare it

Have a nice day,
    Cine

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Faster than the speed of light, our good Trantor prepared the attached patch file...

Apply it by copying it in the zextras_migration_tool-1.6.2 directory and running (as root):
    Code:
    mv zimbra_current_version.txt zimbra_current_version.patch
    patch zimbra_current_version.patch libs/functions.sh
    Run the installer and you should be able to install the ZeXtras Migration Tool!
    Mind that this patch is to be only used in this particular case.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    Attached Files Attached Files

Cine & Trantor,

Thank you very much. Of course this system is so jacked up that "patch" is not found on it (although the man page is) and yum is screwed up too, so I can't install it. But, I was able to see what the patch was going to do and did it manually. ZxMig is now installed.

The journey continues....

Thanks again,
    Doug