Import Hangs on Contact with Image

Thread: Import Hangs on Contact with Image

Import Hangs on Contact with Image

First of all, I'd like to thank you for making such a terrific product. In the end, it worked very well and saved me many (more) hours of frustration, after struggling with another method of porting to x64. I did have a bit of trouble with the export / import process that I thought I'd share for the benefit of others.

After a successful export with the migration tool, the import hung driving the java process to 100% cpu utilizaion. The last line in the import log file was:

ExternalRestore INFO Adding item xxx

Where xxx is the item number. In my case it was 269. I tried importing again and it hung at the same item. I tracked that item down in the export file system and found it was a contact. Upon looking at it in the source Zimbra instance, I noticed that it had an image associated with it so I deleted the image and re-exported. The import past item 269 successfully but hung on a different one. Guess what? Another contact with an image. After removing images from all contacts and re-exporting, the import worked perfectly.

Here is some information about my environment.

Source
    Zimbra: 7.2.1
    Zextras Migration Tool: 1.4.3

Destination
    Zimbra: 7.2.1
    Zextras Suite: 1.4.3

Best regards,
    Richard Wharton

Hi Richard and welcome to the forums.

We are very glad for your contribute, few users are so accurate in their reports. The same issue has been reported a few times but we have never been able to replicate it in our test enviroment, so now, with your suggestion, I hope you put us on the right way to investigate.
    I just have one favor to ask, could you send us some examples of contact with photos that gave problems? Because we import many contacts in our tests, without problems, maybe the issue could be related to some image formats...

D0s0n
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Head of ZeXtras System Administrators

I'd be glad to help further; however, I'm not sure what you mean by sending an example contact. Since I removed all the pictures, I don't have any more contact with images. Can you simply add one in your test environment? I'm certain they were .jpg files. If you cannot replicate it easily, let me know and I'll try to do so and send you the exact details.

Richard