interrupted migration

Thread: interrupted migration

interrupted migration

I am migrating alot of data (400GB+) from our old zimbra that will be then be imported into a new zimbra server thats connected to a san array. I was wondering if the export process gets interrupted, will i be able to start it over and pick up where i left off? or will i have to start from the beginning again?

thanks

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello sangamc,
    welcome to the forums!

If migrating a lot of data I'd suggest you to use ZeXtras Suite on both servers in order to perform a so-called "Incremental Migration".
    Basically, it involves the use of the "Full Scan" operation of ZeXtras Backup which allows a more "flexible" migration process.

Please refer to THIS post for more informations.

Best regards,
    Cine

Thanks for the quick reply. I read that thread last night, but when i got to the end i saw that 'multistore is not supported' My new zimbra is a cluster of 3 mailbox stores an LDAP master server, MTA server and Proxy server. I see the latest version of zextras is 1.2 so Ill check the release notes to see if this will be possible.

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello again,

multistore support has been added in version 1.0.0, the current version (1.2.7) is working great in such environments

Have a nice day,
    Cine

Thanks again for the prompt reply. In my test runs i have been pleasantly surprised by the results and have already hit the campaign trail to get my boss to pay for at least a 20 user license. I think 'big wigs' on our zimbra environment could benefit greatly from the flexible backup options and the mobile connection features. Ill begin my migration this weekend and pst my experiences for others benefits once complete

Thanks again!