Migrating from Zimbra 5.0 to 7.1

Thread: Migrating from Zimbra 5.0 to 7.1

Migrating from Zimbra 5.0 to 7.1

Hi, I need to migrate from 5.0 to 7.1 on a new server, but ran into the fact that 5.0 appears to be too early for your migration tool.

So, I need to upgrade that to 6. something (I saw it in an earlier thread), I presume I do that simply by downloading the later version and installing it "over the top" of 5.0? It does the upgrading itself?

I then need to do the migration. We've only got 60 odd domains and 168 emails, so its a small system, but we're also a small company and can't immediately spring to the 1008 the license for backup would cost.

Can the migration data be restored with just the trail version of zeBackup?

Hi Steve and welcome to the forums!

Quote Originally Posted by MGSteve View Post
    I need to migrate from 5.0 to 7.1 on a new server, but ran into the fact that 5.0 appears to be too early for your migration tool.
    So, I need to upgrade that to 6. something (I saw it in an earlier thread), I presume I do that simply by downloading the later version and installing it "over the top" of 5.0? It does the upgrading itself?
    There are tons of posts on Zimbra Forums to upgrade your zimbra installation, even directly toward Zimbra 7. The first I can find is Upgrade Open Source 5 to 7 - Zimbra :: Forums
    Then you can use the ZeXtras Migration Tool to export your data.

Quote Originally Posted by MGSteve View Post
    Can the migration data be restored with just the trail version of zeBackup?
    To import the exported data you must use the ZxBackup module of the ZeXtras Suite. The Trial license is fully functional for 30 days.

Cheers

D0s0n
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Head of ZeXtras System Administrators