Export failed

Thread: Export failed

Export failed

Hi, I'm trying to migrate my existing Zimbra server to a new server using ZeXtras Migration Tools unfortunately I in the midst of migrating the data I encountered the following error.

- exception -
    I/O Exception in writing content file
    at com.zextras.backup.ZEBItem.synchronize(ZEBItem.jav a:836)
    at com.zextras.backup.ZEBAccount.synchronize(ZEBAccou nt.java:1103)
    at com.zextras.backup.ZEScanOperation.doItemsScan(ZES canOperation.java:277)
    at com.zextras.backup.ZEScanOperation.doAccountScan(Z EScanOperation.java:229)
    at com.zextras.backup.ZEScanOperation.doDomainScan(ZE ScanOperation.java:58)
    at com.zextras.backup.ZEScanOperation.doDomainScan(ZE ScanOperation.java:49)
    at com.zextras.backup.ZEExportOperation.doOperation(Z EExportOperation.java:312)
    at com.zextras.op.ZEOperation.exec(ZEOperation.java:5 84)
    at com.zextras.backup.ZEBackupThread.execOperation(ZE BackupThread.java:199)
    at com.zextras.backup.ZEBackupThread.run(ZEBackupThre ad.java:109)
    Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /opt/zimbra/backup/mailbak/items/ip/ipxKfD454xqzuWaqw8zeJU3VwgQ=.tmp (No such file or directory)
    at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)
    at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.j ava:194)
    at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.j ava:145)
    at com.zextras.backup.ZEBItem.writeContent(ZEBItem.ja va:266)
    at com.zextras.backup.ZEBItem.synchronize(ZEBItem.jav a:824)
    ... 9 more

Any kind soul could assist me?

Thanks.

Wise Guy Participant
    Hello evotin, and welcome to the ZeXtras forum.

In order to be able to better understand the issue, I'll need to ask you a few questions:

I. Are you using the latest version of the Migration Tool? (Click here to download)
    II. The error in question happened on the source machine whilst you were running the ZeXtras Migration Tool to export the source data?
    III. Is /opt/zimbra/backup/mailbak/ the path you're using for the export procedure?

Thanks.
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

ZeXtras System Administrator and Installer Guru

I. Are you using the latest version of the Migration Tool? (Click here to download)
    Yes I'm using the latest version

II. The error in question happened on the source machine whilst you were running the ZeXtras Migration Tool to export the source data?
    Yes

III. Is /opt/zimbra/backup/mailbak/ the path you're using for the export procedure?
    Yes

I have another question,

how to save the exported files straight to an external storage?
    Basically the path in the migration process is the external storage mounted on the local source machine. I actually tried mounting an external storage using SMB and tried migrating the data however it failed. The error seems to be on the files/folders permission even though I have granted 777 to the folder.

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello evotin, and welcome to the forums!

Can you please try the following:

- Raise the Log Level to "Debug" (on the ZxMig Administration Zimlet)
    - Run the migration via CLI running the `zxmig migration doExport /opt/zimbra/backup/mailbak/` command as the Zimbra user (more info on the ZxMig CLI HERE) and copy/paste here any related error in the logs

Regarding the External Storage, can you create/edit files as the "zimbra" user on the SMB-mounted external storage?

Have a nice day,
    Cine

I understand that when migrating process, the script will copy all necessary files onto the destination folder(the server) so that later we could import those files and folders to the new zimbra server but how do i migrate my zimbra server when the server is running out of space (no room for files and folders that will be used for importing)?

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello evotin,

in case your server is running out of disk space, keeping in mind that an average export is 50% to 70% of the size of the /opt/zimbra/store/ folder, you have different options (ordered from best to worse):

- Add another disk to the server and mount it as your export path - this is the suggested solution
    - Mount an NFS share/SAN storage as your export path - no CIFS or case-insensitive filesystems
    - Mount a directory of the destination server through SSHFS - only good if the server are within the same LAN, otherwise the performances will be pretty low
    - Export only a few users at a time, configure a postfix transport to deliver their mail to the new server, import them on the destination server and delete the exported data from the source server - this is the worst case scenario

In order to minimize downtime and impact on users, take a look at the ZeXtras Incremental Migration Guide on the ZeXtras Wiki.

Have a nice day,
    Cine