Newbie to test Migration

Thread: Newbie to test Migration

Newbie to test Migration

Hi all,

I'll try in few days to migrate my existing (but full) Zimbra server to a new VM.
    I'd like to know if there is anything special in the new zimbra server. Do I have to make a complete installation or do I have to make an install of Zimbra with install --softwareonly ??

Thanks for all your help.

Elbereth

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello Elbrereth,
    welcome to the forums!

Both ZeXtras Suite and the ZeXtras Migration Tools are Zimbra "extensions" which bind to the mailboxd service, so a full installation is required.
    You will also need to manually apply Server and Global configurations: anything else (Domains, COS, Mailboxes and Data) will be restored by ZeXtras Backup

I'd suggest to have a look at https://wiki.zextras.com/wiki/ZxBackup_Admin_Guide for specific ZxBackup info, and feel free to ask any question that might arise before, during and after the migration!

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Thaks for your quick answer .. just another interrogation for me.. does my new server has to be in the exact same version of Zimbra or can I install the latest one (My working serveur is in 8.0.7) ?
    Thanks.

Elbereth

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello Elbereth!

You can install any supported Zimbra version, from 6.0.7 up to the latest, and import your data from any supported Zimbra version

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

So thanks for all your infos .. I've Installed a Fresh Zimbra 8.60 Patch 5 on a new ubuntu 14.04 server.
    My Zimbra installation seems to work correctly, the installation of Zextras Suite 2.2.0 installed without troubles, in the Zimlzet on zimbra serveur it appears active, but ... I don't have the zextra menu on the left panel.
    I've reboot my server with zmcontrol restart and after the complete server but nothing seems to change this.
    I've uninstalled the zextras suite.

Do I missed something ??

Thanks for your help.

Elbereth