Request ignored since module ZxBackup is not running

Thread: Request ignored since module ZxBackup is not running

Request ignored since module ZxBackup is not running

8.0.6 on Ubuntu 12.04 -> 8.6 on Ubuntu 14.04
    I have created a support ticket but in case someone here has an idea before I hear back, I'm trying to get this done today. Also, if I get the fix from support, I'll post it here.
    I uninstalled zextras from the source server and installed zxmig. When I runt he migration tool, when I click Finish, it pops up the error in the Title. The extended trace is below.

Client: Administration,
    ,Request ignored since module ZxBackup is not running
    at com.zextras.backup.papi.BackupThreadCheck.handle ( BackupThreadCheck.java:31 )
    at com.zextras.lib.ZEPublicAPIManager.executeLocalCom mand ( ZEPublicAPIManager.java:427 )
    at com.zextras.lib.ZEPublicAPIManager.execPAPIRequest ( ZEPublicAPIManager.java:224 )
    at com.zextras.core.papi.DoHandleParallelRequestsHand ler.handleSingleRequest ( DoHandleParallelRequestsHandler.java:78 )
    at com.zextras.core.papi.DoHandleParallelRequestsHand ler.handle ( DoHandleParallelRequestsHandler.java:66 )
    at com.zextras.lib.ZEPublicAPIManager.executeLocalCom mand ( ZEPublicAPIManager.java:427 )
    at com.zextras.lib.ZEPublicAPIManager.execPAPIRequest ( ZEPublicAPIManager.java:224 )
    at com.zextras.lib.ZextrasSoapBackend.handleRequest ( ZextrasSoapBackend.java:109 )
    at org.openzal.zal.soap.InternalDocumentHelper.handle ( InternalDocumentHelper.java:76 )
    at org.openzal.zal.soap.InternalAdminDocumentHandler. handle ( InternalAdminDocumentHandler.java:43 )
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest ( SoapEngine.java:522 )
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch ( SoapEngine.java:385 )
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch ( SoapEngine.java:258 )
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doWork ( SoapServlet.java:294 )
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost ( SoapServlet.java:210 )
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service ( HttpServlet.java:727 )
    at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service ( ZimbraServlet.java:208 )
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service ( HttpServlet.java:820 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle ( ServletHolder.java:654 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedCha in.doFilter ( ServletHandler.java:1320 )
    at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.RequestStringFilter.doFilter ( RequestStringFilter.java:52 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedCha in.doFilter ( ServletHandler.java:1291 )
    at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.SetHeaderFilter.doFilter ( SetHeaderFilter.java:57 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedCha in.doFilter ( ServletHandler.java:1291 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlets.UserAgentFilter.doFilte r ( UserAgentFilter.java:82 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlets.GzipFilter.doFilter ( GzipFilter.java:256 )
    at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ETagHeaderFilter.doFilter ( ETagHeaderFilter.java:45 )
    at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraQoSFilter.doFilter ( ZimbraQoSFilter.java:114 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlets.DoSFilter.doFilterChain ( DoSFilter.java:474 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlets.DoSFilter.doFilter ( DoSFilter.java:345 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlets.DoSFilter.doFilter ( DoSFilter.java:316 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle ( ServletHandler.java:443 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.han dle ( ScopedHandler.java:137 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle ( SecurityHandler.java:556 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.do Handle ( SessionHandler.java:227 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.do Handle ( ContextHandler.java:1044 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope ( ServletHandler.java:372 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.do Scope ( SessionHandler.java:189 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.do Scope ( ContextHandler.java:978 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.han dle ( ScopedHandler.java:135 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandlerCol lection.handle ( ContextHandlerCollection.java:255 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection .handle ( HandlerCollection.java:154 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.ha ndle ( HandlerWrapper.java:116 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.rewrite.handler.RewriteHandler.h andle ( RewriteHandler.java:317 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.DebugHandler.hand le ( DebugHandler.java:81 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.ha ndle ( HandlerWrapper.java:116 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle ( Server.java:369 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.ha ndleRequest ( AbstractHttpConnection.java:486 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.co ntent ( AbstractHttpConnection.java:944 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection$Re questHandler.content ( AbstractHttpConnection.java:1005 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseNext ( HttpParser.java:865 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseAvailable ( HttpParser.java:240 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AsyncHttpConnection.handl e ( AsyncHttpConnection.java:82 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SslConnection.handle ( SslConnection.java:196 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.han dle ( SelectChannelEndPoint.java:668 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint$1.r un ( SelectChannelEndPoint.java:52 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.run Job ( QueuedThreadPool.java:608 )
    at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.r un ( QueuedThreadPool.java:543 )
    at java.lang.Thread.run ( Thread.java:744 )

Hi Stephen,
    as I can see from your previous posts, you have just used made an Incremental Migration, so I suggest to check this guide because you don't need to remove zextras suite from the source server... I want only remember you that the backup path of your source server has the same format of the export path of the ZxMig.
    I suspect that your issue is probably due to a cache problem with the zimlet.

Have a nice day.
    D0s0n
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Head of ZeXtras System Administrators

I will be making another attempt this weekend and will update the thread and ticket accordingly. Thank you.

Clearing the cache did resolve the issue. Thank you.

Halo,

I have the same problem with this. before I insalling zextras migration, i was install zextras suite. Clearing server & browser cache didn't solve the problem. until now. anybody knows? thanks.

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello Octopuz!

ZeXtras Suite and the ZeXtras Migration Tool are two separate pieces of software that are not compatible one with the other.
    In order to install the ZeXtras Migration Tool you'll need to uninstall ZeXtras Suite, but if you have a ZeXtras Suite license that includes the Backup module (or are running in trial mode) you won't need to do so as the "Export Backup" feature of ZeXtras Backup is the same as the Migration Tool's export. Furthermore, using ZeXtras Backup you'll be able to do an "Incremental Migration" with no downtime for your users.

Have a nice day,
    Cine

Hello,

I have the same problem, I was using ZxChat (ZxSuite2.2.5) but now I want to migrate my server using ZxMig and I'm receiving the same error "Request ignored since module ZxBackup is not running".

I'm also having this issue with ZCS NE 7.1.4, zxmig 2.4.2
    it seems someone installed zextras suite a few years ago in this mailbox
    zmprov fc -a zimlet
    zmprov fc -a zimlet
    zmcontrol restart

and clearing all browsing history does not help

My details are [zimbra@dedicated ~]$ zxmig core getVersion

CLI versions:

zextras_version 2.4.2
    zextras_commit ae9376b25732296284dee82550a71d948520ee08
    zal_version 1.11.2
    zal_commit ae9376b25732296284dee82550a71d948520ee08

Server versions:

version 2.4.2
    commit ae9376b25732296284dee82550a71d948520ee08
    systemType ZxMig
    product ZeXtras Suite
    network false
    vendor zextras
    zal_version 1.11.2
    zal_commit ae9376b25732296284dee82550a71d948520ee08

I have in using zextras suite chat for sometime now. I am trying to use migration tool to move to a new box. I have Cine instructions and remove zextras suite completely. Then install ZeXtras Migration Tool. While attempting to run the tool I am getting the error "Request ignored since module ZxBackup is not running" . I had never use backup option in the suite package. I have repeated the uninstall/install a few times now and still getting the same error message.