Strange issue after migration
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Strange issue after migration

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2

    Strange issue after migration

    Hi all,
    I have some very strange issues after migration.
    When I migrate all domains and accounts from old to new server,
    I did test to sent and received messages and server work perfect, but:
    1) Email client did not sync anything with server. To fix that I should remove account from Outlook and add it again. Unfortunately I have more then 1000 users and it is impossible to do this procedure to every one.
    2) When I try to sync mobile phone with zimbra server, I did the same procedure like re-add account on phone, but not all messages was synced.
    Test with Android devices: messages which was sync was after 20 of april and before 6 of march.
    Test with Windows devices: all is work like a charm
    With old server I did not have this problems.

    Will be nice if someone can help me.


    Additional information:
    Old Zimbra server - Release 8.0.7.GA.6021.UBUNTU10.64 UBUNTU10_64 FOSS edition, Patch 8.0.7_P1.
    New Zimbra server - Release 8.6.0_GA_1153.RHEL7_64_20141215151110 RHEL7_64 FOSS edition.

  2. #2
    ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,362
    Hello otodorov!

    As much as issue n.1 can be pesky unfortunately it's not an issue per se: while the contents of the new server are exactly the same as the ones on the old one "on the outside", all Account/Folder/Item IDs on the new server are different than the ones on the old server - and the vast majority of IMAP/POP clients can't correctly cope with this (I assume that not all of your clients are running Outlook 2013 set up via EAS).

    Issue n.2, on the other hand, puzzles me a bit: each Android manufacturer customizes the OS so this might influence the behaviour of the client, as well as the OS version, so could you please tell me the brand/model/os version of the affected devices as well as the ZeXtras Suite release used on the source and destination server?

    Furthermore, could you please try to:
    - Delete the Exchange account from one of the phones along with the related entry in the ZxMobile secttion of the ZeXtras Administration Zimlet
    - Add a "debug" level Account Logger as described HERE
    - Reboot the phone to completely clear its cache
    - Create the account again and check whether the issue still appears. If so, please email the Account Logger logfile to community@zextras.com

    Also, I suggest you to try a third-party client such as MailWise (free and available in the Play Store) to check whether the issue appears with such client aswell.

    Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •