Server backup files missing

Thread: Server backup files missing

Xig

Hello,

I'm trying to migrate from 8.0.5 to 8.5.0 - the export via ZxMig to a NFS share worked flawlessly (took ~15 hours to export!! bzw. is there a way to speed that up for the final transition?)

But I'm not able to import the whole thing at the new server - here's what I get:

Code:
    ZeXtras Error

Client: Administration Console
    ,Server backup files missing at com.zextras.backup.papi.GetAvailableDomainsHandler.handle ( GetAvailableDomainsHandler.java:60 ) at com.zextras.lib.ZEPublicAPIManager.executeLocalCommand ( ZEPublicAPIManager.java:427 ) at com.zextras.lib.ZEPublicAPIManager.execPAPIRequest ( ZEPublicAPIManager.java:224 ) at com.zextras.core.papi.DoHandleParallelRequestsHandler.handleSingleRequest ( DoHandleParallelRequestsHandler.java:78 ) at com.zextras.core.papi.DoHandleParallelRequestsHandler.handle ( DoHandleParallelRequestsHandler.java:66 ) at com.zextras.lib.ZEPublicAPIManager.executeLocalCommand ( ZEPublicAPIManager.java:427 ) at com.zextras.lib.ZEPublicAPIManager.execPAPIRequest ( ZEPublicAPIManager.java:224 ) at com.zextras.lib.ZextrasSoapBackend.handleRequest ( ZextrasSoapBackend.java:109 ) at org.openzal.zal.soap.InternalDocumentHelper.handle ( InternalDocumentHelper.java:76 ) at org.openzal.zal.soap.InternalAdminDocumentHandler.handle ( InternalAdminDocumentHandler.java:43 ) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest ( SoapEngine.java:564 ) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch ( SoapEngine.java:427 ) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch ( SoapEngine.java:265 ) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doWork ( SoapServlet.java:303 ) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost ( SoapServlet.java:213 ) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service ( HttpServlet.java:707 ) at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service ( ZimbraServlet.java:209 ) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service ( HttpServlet.java:790 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle ( ServletHolder.java:738 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter ( ServletHandler.java:1651 ) at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.RequestStringFilter.doFilter ( RequestStringFilter.java:54 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter ( ServletHandler.java:1622 ) at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.SetHeaderFilter.doFilter ( SetHeaderFilter.java:59 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter ( ServletHandler.java:1622 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlets.UserAgentFilter.doFilter ( UserAgentFilter.java:83 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlets.GzipFilter.doFilter ( GzipFilter.java:351 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter ( ServletHandler.java:1622 ) at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ETagHeaderFilter.doFilter ( ETagHeaderFilter.java:47 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter ( ServletHandler.java:1622 ) at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ContextPathBasedThreadPoolBalancerFilter.doFilter ( ContextPathBasedThreadPoolBalancerFilter.java:107 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter ( ServletHandler.java:1622 ) at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraQoSFilter.doFilter ( ZimbraQoSFilter.java:116 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter ( ServletHandler.java:1622 ) at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraInvalidLoginFilter.doFilter ( ZimbraInvalidLoginFilter.java:117 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter ( ServletHandler.java:1622 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlets.DoSFilter.doFilterChain ( DoSFilter.java:457 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlets.DoSFilter.doFilter ( DoSFilter.java:326 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlets.DoSFilter.doFilter ( DoSFilter.java:299 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter ( ServletHandler.java:1622 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle ( ServletHandler.java:549 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle ( ScopedHandler.java:143 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle ( SecurityHandler.java:544 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle ( SessionHandler.java:221 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle ( ContextHandler.java:1111 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope ( ServletHandler.java:478 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope ( SessionHandler.java:183 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope ( ContextHandler.java:1045 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle ( ScopedHandler.java:141 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle ( ContextHandlerCollection.java:199 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection.handle ( HandlerCollection.java:109 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle ( HandlerWrapper.java:97 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.rewrite.handler.RewriteHandler.handle ( RewriteHandler.java:309 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.DebugHandler.handle ( DebugHandler.java:81 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle ( HandlerWrapper.java:97 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle ( Server.java:462 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle ( HttpChannel.java:279 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable ( HttpConnection.java:232 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$2.run ( AbstractConnection.java:534 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob ( QueuedThreadPool.java:607 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run ( QueuedThreadPool.java:536 ) at java.lang.Thread.run ( Thread.java:745 )
    Any ideas how I would get the files imported? I couldn't find a single entry about the head of the error message "Server backup files missing"!

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello Xig,
    welcome to the forums!

It looks like some files required for the import are either missing or corrupted: did you change the content of the export path in any way? Also, I'd suggest to export to a local drive, if possible, and then transver the exported data using rsync to minimize the chances of NFS-related issues.

The only way to speed up the export/import process is to make sure that there are no bottlenecks on your storage system, and that it's not under a high load.
    May I suggest to have a look at the "Incremental Migration Guide" on the ZeXtras Wiki? Running an incremental migration minimizes the downtime and lowers the impact the export time has on the whole process.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Xig
    Hello,

I found the reason for the error message - the zimbra user has a different uid/gid on the origin server and the new server! So a simple chown (which also took quiet some time) solved that. Maybe you have a way to change the message to something more descriptive for future versions.

Thank you for the hint about Incremental Migration. I'll try to go that way!

Xig, I think I am having the same issue as you and I'm guessing your solution might work for my issue, but I am confused on what to do next. I feel I am unsure of what I need to chown. I have heard of that command but I not used it before. I used the ZxMig tool on the source server, then rsync the data to the destination server (/backup/February2015). I am getting the same "Server backup files missing". The error message is pretty long, hope this info helps.

Source server Zimbra 7.1.1 on Ubuntu x64 10.04 LTS Destination server Zimbra 8.6.0 on Ubuntu x64 14.04 LTS

Thanks

Code:
    Client: Administration Console
    ,Server backup files missing at com.zextras.backup.papi.GetAvailableDomainsHandler.handle ( GetAvailableDomainsHandler.java:60 ) at com.zextras.lib.ZEPublicAPIManager.executeLocalCommand ( ZEPublicAPIManager.java:427 ) at com.zextras.lib.ZEPublicAPIManager.execPAPIRequest ( ZEPublicAPIManager.java:224 ) at com.zextras.core.papi.DoHandleParallelRequestsHandler.handleSingleRequest ( DoHandleParallelRequestsHandler.java:78 ) at com.zextras.core.papi.DoHandleParallelRequestsHandler.handle ( DoHandleParallelRequestsHandler.java:66 ) at com.zextras.lib.ZEPublicAPIManager.executeLocalCommand ( ZEPublicAPIManager.java:427 ) at com.zextras.lib.ZEPublicAPIManager.execPAPIRequest ( ZEPublicAPIManager.java:224 ) at com.zextras.lib.ZextrasSoapBackend.handleRequest ( ZextrasSoapBackend.java:109 ) at org.openzal.zal.soap.InternalDocumentHelper.handle ( InternalDocumentHelper.java:76 ) at org.openzal.zal.soap.InternalAdminDocumentHandler.handle ( InternalAdminDocumentHandler.java:43 ) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest ( SoapEngine.java:569 ) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch ( SoapEngine.java:432 ) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch ( SoapEngine.java:266 ) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doWork ( SoapServlet.java:303 ) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost ( SoapServlet.java:213 ) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service ( HttpServlet.java:707 ) at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service ( ZimbraServlet.java:209 ) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service ( HttpServlet.java:790 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle ( ServletHolder.java:738 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter ( ServletHandler.java:1651 ) at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.RequestStringFilter.doFilter ( RequestStringFilter.java:54 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter ( ServletHandler.java:1622 ) at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.SetHeaderFilter.doFilter ( SetHeaderFilter.java:59 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter ( ServletHandler.java:1622 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlets.UserAgentFilter.doFilter ( UserAgentFilter.java:83 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlets.GzipFilter.doFilter ( GzipFilter.java:351 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter ( ServletHandler.java:1622 ) at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ETagHeaderFilter.doFilter ( ETagHeaderFilter.java:47 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter ( ServletHandler.java:1622 ) at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ContextPathBasedThreadPoolBalancerFilter.doFilter ( ContextPathBasedThreadPoolBalancerFilter.java:107 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter ( ServletHandler.java:1622 ) at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraQoSFilter.doFilter ( ZimbraQoSFilter.java:116 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter ( ServletHandler.java:1622 ) at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraInvalidLoginFilter.doFilter ( ZimbraInvalidLoginFilter.java:117 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter ( ServletHandler.java:1622 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlets.DoSFilter.doFilterChain ( DoSFilter.java:457 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlets.DoSFilter.doFilter ( DoSFilter.java:326 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlets.DoSFilter.doFilter ( DoSFilter.java:299 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter ( ServletHandler.java:1622 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle ( ServletHandler.java:549 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle ( ScopedHandler.java:143 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle ( SecurityHandler.java:544 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle ( SessionHandler.java:221 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle ( ContextHandler.java:1111 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope ( ServletHandler.java:478 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope ( SessionHandler.java:183 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope ( ContextHandler.java:1045 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle ( ScopedHandler.java:141 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle ( ContextHandlerCollection.java:199 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection.handle ( HandlerCollection.java:109 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle ( HandlerWrapper.java:97 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.rewrite.handler.RewriteHandler.handle ( RewriteHandler.java:309 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.DebugHandler.handle ( DebugHandler.java:81 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle ( HandlerWrapper.java:97 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle ( Server.java:462 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle ( HttpChannel.java:279 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable ( HttpConnection.java:232 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$2.run ( AbstractConnection.java:534 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob ( QueuedThreadPool.java:607 ) at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run ( QueuedThreadPool.java:536 ) at java.lang.Thread.run ( Thread.java:745 )

At me the problem with migration was similar.
    I migrated with fedora 11 i686, (zimbra 7.2.6) on Centos 7 (zimbra 8.6) by means of NFS. After change of the rights everything is normal with was imported (chmod - r 777/backup).