False Positive for Case-insenstitive filesystem for zxMig?

Thread: False Positive for Case-insenstitive filesystem for zxMig?

Question False Positive for Case-insenstitive filesystem for zxMig?

Is anyone having issues with a false positive in zxMig tool when trying to set up a destination path in the Export Wizard?

[zimbra@zimbra ~]$ zmcontrol version
    Release 7.2.7_GA_2942.RHEL5_20140314190150 RHEL5 NETWORK edition.

zxmig is 1.8.18

Error is "The path is on a case-insensitive filesystem."

---------------------------------

First I mounted a USB drive which is a windows storage server 2008 R2 backup appliance.. I have been using this for normal ZCS Network edition backup for years with no problem.. So when I went into the Zextras zxMig tool in the Zimbra Admin GUI and put in /media/00coolnas/ferry I got "The path is on a case-insensitive filesystem". This was a surprise to me, I didn't know his was a requirement until then. So I figured that since this share is mounted as a windows cifs that it may be case-insensitive. So I changed plans.

Second, I went ahead and created a nfs share on Server2 (RHEL 6 64bit) that I will be mounting on Server1 (server1 has zxMig). /media/nfs-ferry. Then went back to server1 zxMig and put in the new path and got same "The path is on a case-insensitive filesystem.". This cannot be true.. so I found instructions to test the file system.. here is the result:

On Server1 (same server zxMig is on):
    [root@zimbra nfs-ferry]# mkdir Aa
    [root@zimbra nfs-ferry]# mkdir AA
    [root@zimbra nfs-ferry]# touch Aa/1
    [root@zimbra nfs-ferry]# touch AA/2
    [root@zimbra nfs-ferry]# ls
    Aa AA
    [root@zimbra nfs-ferry]# ls Aa
    [root@zimbra nfs-ferry]# ls AA
    [root@zimbra nfs-ferry]# pwd
    /media/nfs-ferry

So it appears that zxMig is incorrect saying that my filesystem is case-insensitive... But I cannot proceed with the migration until this is resolved. It almost seems as it is stuck remembering /media/00coolnas Windows backup appliance and not seeing the new case-sensitive filesystem..

What can I do now?

Thank you.

Tim

Hi Tim and welcome to our forums.

As reported by bney on THIS thread yesterday, it seems that last zextras version (zxsuite/zxmig) has an issue with filesystem permission check. So if the zimbra user cannot write on destination path, the error is wrongly reported as a Case Insensitive filesystem.

Our devs are investigating...

Have a nice day.
    D0s0n
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Head of ZeXtras System Administrators

Quote Originally Posted by d0s0n View Post
    Hi Tim and welcome to our forums.
    So if the zimbra user cannot write on destination path, the error is wrongly reported as a Case Insensitive filesystem.

D0s0n
    Oh!! I didn't even think of permissions issues as zimbra user.. now I feel dumb.. So it sounds like when Zimbra user can write to the destination path, I can most likely continue with the migration project... I'll go and fix the write permission... Thank you for the information.

Tim

My problem went away when I gave zimbra user write permissions.. zxMig can now proceed. Thank you for your help.

Tim