News Roundup: July 2011

Thread: News Roundup: July 2011

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar

News Roundup: July 2011

Hi everybody!

It's been a tough month here in ZeXtras, and I would like to share with you some of the upcoming changes for ZeXtras Suite:

- Version 1.0.0: We are currently in alpha stage. The code has been written and we are starting our internal tests, a beta version should be ready within next week (as usual, community@zextras.com to apply as a beta tester).

- Versioning: From the release of version 1.0.0, ZeXtras Suite will follow the following versioning rule:

X.Y.Z => X - Major Release | Y - Minor Release | Z - Micro Release

Versions identified with an ODD minor release number will be development releases for the next EVEN minor release and not released to the public. E.g. you will never see version 1.1.x, as it will be the internal development branch for 1.2.0.

Bugfixes and minor changes will raise the Micro Release number, while new features will raise the Minor release number.

- Multi-Server support: Version 1.0.0 will officially support Multi-Server installations.

- New UI: Due to the implementation of Multi-Server support, version 1.0.0 will ship with an updated ZeXtras Administration Zimlet.

- Modules Roadmap: After the release of ZeXtras Suite 1.0.0, our dev team will start working full force on the ZxAdmin module (at this stage, however, bugfixing for ZxBackup and ZxMig will still be on highest priority).

- ZeXtras Migration Tool Reloaded: Ok, that's not the official name of the project.. I use it only because there will be a really important feature added to ZxMig in the near future.
    Who said LIVE MIGRATION?
    Anyway, I promise you that ZxMig Reloaded won't suck as bad as it's namesake movie

- Modules Roadmap 2: A dev roadmap for ZxPowerStore and ZxMobile have been internally decided. I can't say anything right now, but believe me, you will be surprised!

I'm off to run some tests.. As usual, drop me a PM here or a mail at community@zextras.com for any needs!

Your friendly neighborhood Community Manager,
    Cine
    Last edited by Cine; 07-04-2011 at 06:14 PM.
    IT Support Team Contact Form
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website
    # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Have ZeXtras Suite or ZeXtras Migration Tool been helpful to you?
    Share your experience in the Zimbra Gallery!

ZeXtras Suite on the Zimbra Gallery
    ZeXtras Migration Tool on the Zimbra Gallery