"Debug" popups in webmail after 1.8.13 installation

Thread: "Debug" popups in webmail after 1.8.13 installation

"Debug" popups in webmail after 1.8.13 installation

Hi everybody, this morning I installed Zextras Suite 1.8.13 on a ZCS Network freshly upgraded from version 7.1.4 to 8.0.6, to add chat features.
    After the installation chat worked smoothly, but some "debug" popups started to appear in webmail (e.g. when user clicked on "new message" a "COMPOSE-1" popup appeared): here are two exampleszextras2.PNG zextras1.PNG.
    We tried to disable chat from Zextras admin console (all other modules were disabled after installation), but popups continued to appear, so we had to uninstall ZeXtras suite: after uninstallation the problem was solved.
    What went wrong?

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello Cinmar!

Could you please let me know the info described in section 3.1 and 3.10.1 of the "How to report a ZeXtras Suite issue" guide along with the browser you are using and the complete list of zimlets enabled for that user?

The ZeXtras Core does not affect the Zimbra WebClient in any way, so it's safe to keep. The only thing affecting the ZWC is the ZeXtras Chat Zimlet, and you can enable that only for a single test user...

Have a nice day,
    Cine

Ok Cine, I will re-install ZeXtras Core and give you the details you need as soon as possibile: unluckily it is on a production environement, so I will have to wait the weekend to make those tests.
    Thanks and have a nice day.

Good news Cine, it was not Zextras fault! Those popups were caused by a custom zimlet, that we forgot to disable during zimbra 7 to 8 migration. Removing that Zimlet solved the problem, and ZxChat is fully working now.
    One last question...since this server has legal intercept for all incoming/outgoing mail, is there a way to intercept/save all chats too? Maybe backupping ZxChat DB?

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello cinmar!
    Quote Originally Posted by cinmar View Post
    Good news Cine, it was not Zextras fault!
    That's not good news, that's GREAT news (...aaaand now the Devs are going to kill me for this joke )

Quote Originally Posted by cinmar View Post
    One last question...since this server has legal intercept for all incoming/outgoing mail, is there a way to intercept/save all chats too? Maybe backupping ZxChat DB?
    The best way to keep track of all ZeXtras Chat messages is to enable the module's logging:

Code:
    zxsuite chat setProperty ZxChat_LogEnabled true
    This will create a file called zxchat.log in the /opt/zimbra/log/ directory containing all ZeXtras Chat messages, informations and warnings.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Quote Originally Posted by Cine View Post
    The best way to keep track of all ZeXtras Chat messages is to enable the module's logging:

Code:
    zxsuite chat setProperty ZxChat_LogEnabled true
    This will create a file called zxchat.log in the /opt/zimbra/log/ directory containing all ZeXtras Chat messages, informations and warnings.
    Thank you again...and sorry for the bad joke