Ajax errors in mail admin after 1.8.13 upgrade - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Ajax errors in mail admin after 1.8.13 upgrade

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello everybody!

The Dev Team confirms that the issue is caused by the Zimbra DOS Filter kicking in: looks like our new ZeXtras Administration Zimlet is TOO fast!
    A patched zimlet is being prepared and will be made available as soon as possible, but in the meantime you can fix the issue manually by raising the number of concurrent connections allowed by the DOS filter:

Code:
    zmprov mcf zimbraHttpDosFilterMaxRequestsPerSec 100
    zmmailboxdctl restart
    Once the issue is confirmed as solved by the new zimlet, a ZeXtras Suite 1.8.13 Hotfix 1 package will be built, containing both the fix for this issue and the one for the "Kernel Too Old" CLI issue.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Hi,
    Yeah it works better. Thanks for this quick answer.

Can you also report to the zextra dev Team a little css bug since 1.8.13 in core tab (IE and FF) :
    csscore.jpg

Hello David!

I'm glad the workaround works!

The CSS issue you are experiencing might be a side effect of the main issue discussed in this thread (503 errors might have caused bad or incomplete items to be cached), could you please clear your browser's cache and try accessing the Zimbra Admin Console in Dev Mode to check if the issue still appears?

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Ok, so i clear my web browser's cache but when i try to access to the Zimbra Admin Console in "Normal" or Dev Mode the issue still appears.
    I try on two differents computers.

I rebooted the server last night for another reason, today the Ajx error at login is gone (no need to click 10 times now). I still have the squeezed Core panel like post #22 above, the same that I reported earlier. Otherwise, all the error/alert boxes I see on the other tabs are ok (no license for ZxBackup etc).

Quote Originally Posted by dsiminiuk View Post
    I rebooted the server last night for another reason, today the Ajx error at login is gone (no need to click 10 times now). I still have the squeezed Core panel like post #22 above, the same that I reported earlier. Otherwise, all the error/alert boxes I see on the other tabs are ok (no license for ZxBackup etc).
    Quote Originally Posted by David RICQ View Post
    Ok, so i clear my web browser's cache but when i try to access to the Zimbra Admin Console in "Normal" or Dev Mode the issue still appears.
    I try on two differents computers.
    Thank you for your feedbacks!
    We're having a look at the "squeezed core" issue, I'll get back to you ASAP...

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Thank you so much Cine. Thanks also to the Dev Team "Studio Storti" to support Italian to have solved my problem quickly. You guys are great! I love Zimbra.

I confirm that the problem has been solved with this solution (I used 150):
    Code:
    zmprov mcf zimbraHttpDosFilterMaxRequestsPerSec 100
    zmmailboxdctl restart
    At this time I also have this little problem but nothing serious (IE 11 = OK - Firefox 2.7.0.1 = No):
    NO Firefox.jpg OK IE.jpg

I wait and thanks again.
    Zeus likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by duilionet View Post
    Thank you so much Cine. Thanks also to the Dev Team "Studio Storti" to support Italian to have solved my problem quickly. You guys are great!
    You're welcome!

I'll make sure to forward your message to our Italian Distributor aswell

ZeXtras Suite 1.8.13 Hotfix 1 has been released!

This release adds the following fixes to ZeXtras Suite 1.8.13:
    * Added a connection throttling system to the ZeXtras Administration Zimlet in order to lower the number of connections per second thus making it less probable for Zimbra's DoS Filter to kick in.
    * Fixed a dependency issue that could cause the ZeXtras CLI to return a "Kernel Too Old" error.

If your Zimbra infrastructure is affected by any of those issues, please download the updated package from http://www.zextras.com/zextras-download-for-zimbra.html and install it as a standard upgrade.

Cine, the "squeezed core" issue is still a problem. Is there any way we can download 1.8.12? I tried wget http://www.zextras.com/download/zext...ite-1.8.12.tgz but when I gunzipped it, it's really 1.8.13.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast