Thread: SoapFaultException: unknown document: AuthRequest when deploying gimlet

SoapFaultException: unknown document: AuthRequest when deploying gimlet

First, the numbers:

Zimbra: 8.0.6 Network Edition
    RAM: 8GB
    Disk: 1.5TB, 1.3 available
    Zextras Suite: 1.8.12
    Previous working version of Zextras: 1.8.7

I am able to install the zextras suite with no problem. A the point of deploying the zimlet I get the following message:

Code:
    Deploying zimlet ...

com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapFaultException: unknown document: AuthRequest
    ExceptionId:qtp1097575009-154:https://127.0.0.1:7071/service/admin/soap/AuthRequest:1389135294635:69bfdd107c205425
    Code:service.UNKNOWN_DOCUMENT
    	at com.zimbra.common.soap.Soap12Protocol.soapFault(Soap12Protocol.java:88)
    	at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapTransport.extractBodyElement(SoapTransport.java:333)
    	at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapTransport.parseSoapResponse(SoapTransport.java:308)
    	at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapHttpTransport.invoke(SoapHttpTransport.java:255)
    	at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapHttpTransport.invoke(SoapHttpTransport.java:167)
    	at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapTransport.invoke(SoapTransport.java:386)
    	at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapTransport.invokeWithoutSession(SoapTransport.java:372)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.account.soap.SoapProvisioning.invokeRequest(SoapProvisioning.java:442)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.account.soap.SoapProvisioning.invoke(SoapProvisioning.java:450)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.account.soap.SoapProvisioning.soapAdminAuthenticate(SoapProvisioning.java:394)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.zimlet.ZimletUtil$ZimletSoapUtil.initZimletSoapUtil(ZimletUtil.java:1387)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.zimlet.ZimletUtil$ZimletSoapUtil.<init>(ZimletUtil.java:1361)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.zimlet.ZimletUtil.deployZimletBySoap(ZimletUtil.java:1182)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.zimlet.ZimletUtil.dispatch(ZimletUtil.java:1808)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.zimlet.ZimletUtil.main(ZimletUtil.java:1907)
    [] ERROR: Error
    com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapFaultException: unknown document: AuthRequest
    ExceptionId:qtp1097575009-154:https://127.0.0.1:7071/service/admin/soap/AuthRequest:1389135294635:69bfdd107c205425
    Code:service.UNKNOWN_DOCUMENT
    	at com.zimbra.common.soap.Soap12Protocol.soapFault(Soap12Protocol.java:88)
    	at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapTransport.extractBodyElement(SoapTransport.java:333)
    	at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapTransport.parseSoapResponse(SoapTransport.java:308)
    	at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapHttpTransport.invoke(SoapHttpTransport.java:255)
    	at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapHttpTransport.invoke(SoapHttpTransport.java:167)
    	at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapTransport.invoke(SoapTransport.java:386)
    	at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapTransport.invokeWithoutSession(SoapTransport.java:372)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.account.soap.SoapProvisioning.invokeRequest(SoapProvisioning.java:442)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.account.soap.SoapProvisioning.invoke(SoapProvisioning.java:450)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.account.soap.SoapProvisioning.soapAdminAuthenticate(SoapProvisioning.java:394)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.zimlet.ZimletUtil$ZimletSoapUtil.initZimletSoapUtil(ZimletUtil.java:1387)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.zimlet.ZimletUtil$ZimletSoapUtil.<init>(ZimletUtil.java:1361)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.zimlet.ZimletUtil.deployZimletBySoap(ZimletUtil.java:1182)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.zimlet.ZimletUtil.dispatch(ZimletUtil.java:1808)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.zimlet.ZimletUtil.main(ZimletUtil.java:1907)

Zimlet installation failed. Exiting.
    The zimlet installation has failed. That might be due to an incomplete startup
    of the Zimbra webapp. Please verify Zimbra is up and running, then retry
    the deployment of the zimlet with ./install.sh zimlet  .
    I have verified that mailboxd is running. Output from zmcontrol status before running ./install.sh gimlet:

Code:
    [zimbra@centos66295 root]$ zmcontrol status
    Host [deleted]
    	antispam                Running
    	antivirus               Running
    	convertd                Running
    	ldap                    Running
    	logger                  Running
    	mailbox                 Running
    	memcached               Running
    	mta                     Running
    	opendkim                Running
    	proxy                   Running
    	snmp                    Running
    	spell                   Running
    	stats                   Running
    	zmconfigd               Running
    With the core installed but not the gimlet, when trying to log in to the admin console on my ZCS installation I am getting an error: "unknown document: AuthRequest"

If I try to create a user via the command line as the zimbra user, this is my output:

Code:
    [zimbra@centos66295 ~]$ zmprov ca zimadmin@[domain deleted].com password zimbraIsAdminAccount TRUE 
    ERROR: service.UNKNOWN_DOCUMENT (unknown document: AuthRequest) 
    [zimbra@centos66295 ~]$
    From the Admin console, when loading the page I notice the following SOAP responses:

The first call to https://[domain deleted]:7071/service/admin/soap/BatchRequest succeeds with the following response:

Code:
    {"Header":{"context":{"_jsns":"urn:zimbra"}},"Body":{"BatchResponse":{"GetVersionInfoResponse":[{"info":[{"type":"NETWORK","version":"8.0.6_GA_5922.NETWORK","release":"20131203103753","buildDate":"20131203-1041","host":"zre-rhel6-64.eng.vmware.com","platform":"RHEL6_64","majorversion":"8","minorversion":"0","microversion":"6"}],"_jsns":"urn:zimbraAdmin"}],"Fault":[{"Code":{"Value":"soap:Sender"},"Reason":{"Text":"unknown document: GetDomainInfoRequest"},"Detail":{"Error":{"Code":"service.UNKNOWN_DOCUMENT","Trace":"qtp1097575009-434:https://[ip address deleted]:7071/service/admin/soap/BatchRequest:1389072616397:9c76becff4a4e33d","_jsns":"urn:zimbra"}},"_jsns":"urn:zimbraSoap"}],"_jsns":"urn:zimbra"}},"_jsns":"urn:zimbraSoap"}
    The subsequent POST request to https://[domain deleted]:7071/service/admin/soap/GetInfoRequest fails with a 500 Server Error and the following response:

Code:
    {"Header":{"context":{"_jsns":"urn:zimbra"}},"Body":{"Fault":{"Code":{"Value":"soap:Sender"},"Reason":{"Text":"no valid authtoken present"},"Detail":{"Error":{"Code":"service.AUTH_REQUIRED","Trace":"qtp1097575009-427:https://[ip address deleted]:7071/service/admin/soap/GetInfoRequest:1389072616525:9c76becff4a4e33d:SoapEngine385","_jsns":"urn:zimbra"}}}},"_jsns":"urn:zimbraSoap"}
    And an attempted login to https://[domain deleted]:7071/service/admin/soap/AuthRequest fails with another 500 Server Error:

Code:
    {"Header":{"context":{"_jsns":"urn:zimbra"}},"Body":{"Fault":{"Code":{"Value":"soap:Sender"},"Reason":{"Text":"unknown document: AuthRequest"},"Detail":{"Error":{"Code":"service.UNKNOWN_DOCUMENT","Trace":"qtp1097575009-451:https://[ip address deleted]:7071/service/admin/soap/AuthRequest:1389072735985:9c76becff4a4e33d","_jsns":"urn:zimbra"}}}},"_jsns":"urn:zimbraSoap"}
    The following are the zimlets installed and active (minus extras stuff):

Code:
    	ca_uoguelph_ccs_archive
    	ca_uoguelph_ccs_senderblocker
    	com_anymeeting_zimlet
    	com_zimbra_apptsummary
    	com_zimbra_attachcontacts
    	com_zimbra_attachmail
    	com_zimbra_attachmentalert
    	com_zimbra_click2call_cisco
    	com_zimbra_click2call_mitel
    	com_zimbra_date
    	com_zimbra_email
    	com_zimbra_emaildownloader
    	com_zimbra_gmaps
    	com_zimbra_p11_request_read_receipt
    	com_zimbra_phone
    	com_zimbra_srchhighlighter
    	com_zimbra_url
    	com_zimbra_voiceprefs
    	com_zimbra_webex
    	com_zimbra_ymemoticons
    	zimbra_inboxzero
    Any ideas what is the problem?

Thanks in advance!

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello Sononaco,
    welcome to the forums!

It looks like your Zimbra installation might be broken, and the most probable cause is an issue during the upgrade process to Zimbra 8.0.6. Did the issue appear immediately after a Zimbra update? Could you please send the /opt/zimbra/.install_history and /opt/zimbra/.zextras_install_history logfiles to community@zextras.com?

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team
    IT Support Team Contact Form
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website
    # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Have ZeXtras Suite or ZeXtras Migration Tool been helpful to you?
    Share your experience in the Zimbra Gallery!

ZeXtras Suite on the Zimbra Gallery
    ZeXtras Migration Tool on the Zimbra Gallery

Indeed, it did occur just after upgrading to 8.0.6. I reinstalled 8.0.6 just to verify it was OK and the (re)installation did not report any problems.

Sending those files to you now.

Quote Originally Posted by sononaco View Post
    Indeed, it did occur just after upgrading to 8.0.6. I reinstalled 8.0.6 just to verify it was OK and the (re)installation did not report any problems.

Sending those files to you now.
    Got the files, you have mail
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website

Hello sononaco!

Unfortunately there were no relevant informations in the logs you sent... Could you please uninstall ZeXtras Suite and install another Zimlet to check if the behaviour is the same?

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website

This may shed some light on things.

With all Zextras stuff removed I logged in to the Administration console and could use it as expected. I underplayed and then redeployed a zimlet without any problems.

I then went to install only the core (./install core). After doing so I refreshed my admin screen and I only had options for Home and Zextras. Monitor, Manage, Configure and Tools and Migration were missing.

After removing the Zextras core the admin screen returned to normal.

Hello sononaco!

Could you please send me the mailbox.log file for the day you removed and reinstalled the ZeXtras Suite core?

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website

Rather than sending you a huge file with all of user's info in it how about I run a log dump only during the installation/uninstallation process?

Quote Originally Posted by sononaco View Post
    Rather than sending you a huge file with all of user's info in it how about I run a log dump only during the installation/uninstallation process?
    Hello Sononaco!

That's ok, but please widen the range to ~10 minutes before and after the install, and make sure that a login into the admin interface is included...

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website

I am experiencing the same problem.
    VMWare machine
    Zimbra 8.0.6
    Zextras Suite: 1.8.12

Can not edit users. Reports java error. When I uninstall Zextras Suite everything is ok.
    After installing zextra again problem returns.

Is there any forward on issue?

Best Regards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast