Cannot find ZeXtras Mobile UI (SOLVED)
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Cannot find ZeXtras Mobile UI (SOLVED)

  1. #1
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    7

    Cannot find ZeXtras Mobile UI (SOLVED)

    So now it install just fine, but I can't access ZeXtras tools from my user accounts.

  2. #2
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    7
    Any suggestions from the community?

  3. #3
    CTO ZeXtras Employee d0s0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    565
    Hi mstroven, sorry for the late...

    Can you explain better your problem?
    - Don't you see the zextras zimlet on the Zimbra Admin Console?
    - Have you tried to access with dev=1 url parameter (https://your.zimbra.server:7071/?dev=1)?
    - Are there any relevant information on mailbox.log file?

    D0s0n
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

    Head of ZeXtras System Administrators

  4. #4
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    7
    Installation went fine. No problems reported. I can see the ZeXtras Items in the Admin panel. My licensed mailboxes show "50", my actual mailboxes are "42".
    Under "Modules", I see ZxBack: Enabled ZxMobile: Enabled, and ZxPowerstore: Enabled
    I have successfully performed a backup. I have enabled ZxMobile for my default COS. I have gone into a few of my user account settings and verified that ZxMobile is enabled.

    However, when I login as a user, I have no ZxMobile module showing.

    I'm getting a little nervous, having spent $400+ specifically to get solid mobile functionality for my iPhone and Android clients...
    Last edited by mstroven; 11-20-2012 at 07:10 PM.

  5. #5
    The CEO ZeXtras Employee
    Participant
    Zeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    57
    First of all Welcome to the forum and thank you for choosing ZeXtras.

    Quote Originally Posted by mstroven View Post
    Installation went fine. No problems reported. I can see the ZeXtras Items in the Admin panel. My licensed mailboxes show "50", my actual mailboxes are "42".
    Under "Modules", I see ZxBack: Enabled ZxMobile: Enabled, and ZxPowerstore: Enabled
    I have successfully performed a backup. I have enabled ZxMobile for my default COS. I have gone into a few of my user account settings and verified that ZxMobile is enabled.
    Perfect, All operation are correct.

    However, when I login as a user, I have no ZxMobile module showing.
    There is no User Zimlet for ZxMobile. ZxMobile is a full activesync server integrated with zimbra, so once you enabled it on you cos or user account you can simply configure your devices to connect to you Zimbra server via Activesync with a standard configuration.
    More info on our wiki:
    Zx Mobile Phone Config Guide - ZeXtras Suite Wiki

    I'm getting a little nervous, having spent $400+ specifically to get solid mobile functionality for my iPhone and Android clients...
    Don't worry, ZeXtras Mobile is the best solution you can find for your Zimbra Server !
    Keep me posted !

    Bye,
    Zeus
    Last edited by Zeus; 11-20-2012 at 08:52 PM.
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

    ZeXtras CEO. Like a Boss.

  6. #6
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    7
    Okay! It's working now.
    I was following the guide to setup my Android device, and I was getting "Authentication failed. Please verify username and/or password." Our Account names are typically our full email addresses ie: first . last @ mydomain.com. I guess it needs to be broken up for the exchange protocol to authenticate. With these settings, I'm up and running:
    mailserver = mail.mydomain.com
    domain = mydomain.com
    username = first.last
    SSL enabled!
    I'm seeing the device listed in my user account preferences under mobile devices, so it looks good so far!

  7. #7
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    7

    Solved

    Okay! It's working now.
    I was following the guide to setup my Android device, and I was getting "Authentication failed. Please verify username and/or password." Our Account names are typically our full email addresses ie: first . last @ mydomain.com. I guess it needs to be broken up for the exchange protocol to authenticate. With these settings, I'm up and running:
    mailserver = mail.mydomain.com
    domain = mydomain.com
    username = first.last
    SSL enabled!
    I'm seeing the device listed in my user account preferences under mobile devices, so it looks good so far!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •