Cannot find ZeXtras Mobile UI (SOLVED)

Thread: Cannot find ZeXtras Mobile UI (SOLVED)

Cannot find ZeXtras Mobile UI (SOLVED)

So now it install just fine, but I can't access ZeXtras tools from my user accounts.

Any suggestions from the community?

Hi mstroven, sorry for the late...

Can you explain better your problem?
    - Don't you see the zextras zimlet on the Zimbra Admin Console?
    - Have you tried to access with dev=1 url parameter (https://your.zimbra.server:7071/?dev=1)?
    - Are there any relevant information on mailbox.log file?

D0s0n
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Head of ZeXtras System Administrators

Installation went fine. No problems reported. I can see the ZeXtras Items in the Admin panel. My licensed mailboxes show "50", my actual mailboxes are "42".
    Under "Modules", I see ZxBack: Enabled ZxMobile: Enabled, and ZxPowerstore: Enabled
    I have successfully performed a backup. I have enabled ZxMobile for my default COS. I have gone into a few of my user account settings and verified that ZxMobile is enabled.

However, when I login as a user, I have no ZxMobile module showing.

I'm getting a little nervous, having spent $400+ specifically to get solid mobile functionality for my iPhone and Android clients...
    Last edited by mstroven; 11-20-2012 at 07:10 PM.

The CEO ZeXtras Employee
    Participant
    First of all Welcome to the forum and thank you for choosing ZeXtras.

Quote Originally Posted by mstroven View Post
    Installation went fine. No problems reported. I can see the ZeXtras Items in the Admin panel. My licensed mailboxes show "50", my actual mailboxes are "42".
    Under "Modules", I see ZxBack: Enabled ZxMobile: Enabled, and ZxPowerstore: Enabled
    I have successfully performed a backup. I have enabled ZxMobile for my default COS. I have gone into a few of my user account settings and verified that ZxMobile is enabled.
    Perfect, All operation are correct.

However, when I login as a user, I have no ZxMobile module showing.
    There is no User Zimlet for ZxMobile. ZxMobile is a full activesync server integrated with zimbra, so once you enabled it on you cos or user account you can simply configure your devices to connect to you Zimbra server via Activesync with a standard configuration.
    More info on our wiki:
    Zx Mobile Phone Config Guide - ZeXtras Suite Wiki

I'm getting a little nervous, having spent $400+ specifically to get solid mobile functionality for my iPhone and Android clients...
    Don't worry, ZeXtras Mobile is the best solution you can find for your Zimbra Server !
    Keep me posted !

Bye,
    Zeus
    Last edited by Zeus; 11-20-2012 at 08:52 PM.
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

ZeXtras CEO. Like a Boss.

Okay! It's working now.
    I was following the guide to setup my Android device, and I was getting "Authentication failed. Please verify username and/or password." Our Account names are typically our full email addresses ie: first . last @ mydomain.com. I guess it needs to be broken up for the exchange protocol to authenticate. With these settings, I'm up and running:
    mailserver = mail.mydomain.com
    domain = mydomain.com
    username = first.last
    SSL enabled!
    I'm seeing the device listed in my user account preferences under mobile devices, so it looks good so far!

Solved

Okay! It's working now.
    I was following the guide to setup my Android device, and I was getting "Authentication failed. Please verify username and/or password." Our Account names are typically our full email addresses ie: first . last @ mydomain.com. I guess it needs to be broken up for the exchange protocol to authenticate. With these settings, I'm up and running:
    mailserver = mail.mydomain.com
    domain = mydomain.com
    username = first.last
    SSL enabled!
    I'm seeing the device listed in my user account preferences under mobile devices, so it looks good so far!