Zextras Core is missing after upgrading Zimbra

Thread: Zextras Core is missing after upgrading Zimbra

Zextras Core is missing after upgrading Zimbra

Hello all
    I updated a Zimbra 7.1.2 in version 7.2. On this instance was installed ZeXtras version 1.2.4 migration tool. The update of Zimbra was successful. When I log on the Zimbra administration console, the following message appears:
    ZeXtras Core is Missing
    I also note that I no longer Zextras menu. What I forgot to do before the update and how to fix this?

Thanks for your help !

Another precision :

I tried to uninstall the Zextras package (see below the output) :

root@zimbra:~/zextras_migration_tool-1.2.4# ./install.sh -u all

-------------------------

Checking for existing installations ...

FOUND Zimbra 7.2.0

Core Package file packages/7.2.0/zextras.jar missing! Exiting...

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello jkermabon,
    welcome to the forums!

The error you see is perfectly normal, as ZeXtras Suite and ZeXtras Migration Tool need to be reinstalled after updating Zimbra since the Core component is strictly bound to the Zimbra version in use...
    I'd also suggest you to download the latest installer, since the version you are running is kinda old, and many improvements have been added in the releases between 1.2.4 and 1.2.9

Just download the latest installer with wget:
    Code:
    wget http://www.zextras.com/download/zextras_migration_tool-latest.tgz
    Unpack, run

Code:
    ./install.sh all
    and you are good to go!

Have a nice day,
    Cine

Thank you for your reply which is logical but, in the meantime, I think I found the solution in Management Extensions tab I could remove the 2 ZeXtras extensions and I have no longer the message when I log on the console. Do you validate this?

That would remove the Core components of ZeXtras Suite/ZeXtras Migration Tool, you'd have to manually remove the ZeXtras Administration Zimlet afterwards.

However, this is not the endorsed procedure to uninstall ZeXtras Suite/ZeXtras Migration Tool. If you wish to remove all ZeXtras components from your server you should enter the directory in which you unpacked the original ZeXtras package and run:
    Code:
    ./install.sh -u all

Have a nice day,
    Cine

Yes It's just what I have done (see post at 09:59 AM) but I got an error (see the same post). The uninstall procedure does'nt work.
    Last edited by jkermabon; 06-07-2012 at 09:53 AM.

My bad, I was writing and I didn't see your post...

The "missing ZeXtras Core" error is technically correct, as version 1.2.4 didn't support Zimbra 7.2 and so the Installer fails the check for an appropriate Core file in the installer.

While technically correct I must admit it's really nagging, I'll open an RFE to the Installer devs in order to make the uninstall procedure more flexible.

In this particular case you could upgrade to the latest version and then uninstall the product or just manually remove the ZeXtras' extension and Zimlet from your Zimbra Administration Console.

Have a nice day,
    Cine

Ok, It seems I'm Ok with you. Thanks a lot !