Downgrade from Network Edition 9.0 to FOSS 9.0 with Zextras?

Thread: Downgrade from Network Edition 9.0 to FOSS 9.0 with Zextras?

Downgrade from Network Edition 9.0 to FOSS 9.0 with Zextras?

Hi,

As I am completely unhappy with Zimbra technical support and rather pay yearly to Zextras, could I migrate from our NE 9.0 to FOSS 9.0 with Zextras? Is there any recommended procedure for this?

Regards,
    Ralf.

The usual method of moving from NE to the OSS edition is to run an 'upgrade' of your NE version using the OSS version of ZCS. I've never done this but I guess an alternative would be to do a migration using Zextras from one server to a newly built server (I'm assuming a VM environment here.
    Regards

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    I've never done this but I guess an alternative would be to do a migration using Zextras from one server to a newly built server (I'm assuming a VM environment here.
    Thanks! I think the migration tool is not compatible with NE so migration may not be an option :-/
    My concern is that we have (unfortunately) upgraded the NE to 9.0 - and I am not sure if I can just install the 9.0 FOSS on top of that. Has anybody gained experience on that?

It has always been the case that the ZCS NE version would effectively revert to the OSS version after thirty days i.e. if the licence expires and isn't renewed. In that scenario, the NE features just stop working. The advice in the forums was always the scenario I mentioned earlier, just run the same OSS version to 'upgrade' it, et voila! - the OSS ZCS server is what you now have. I can't imagine that anything has changed but I'd always suggest a backup before doing it. I seem to remember that there was (or is) a wiki article on the subject.
    Regards

Bill