ZxDrive

Thread: ZxDrive

ZxDrive

Hi,

The forum has no specific module for ZxDrive, maybe it's an idea to create one?

Regarding ZxDrive, I encountered some issues.
    Setup:
    - Zimbra 8.8.15
    - ZeXtras 3.0.4
    - CentOS 7.7
    - ZxDrive storage is using a separate Primary Volume (NFS storage)

Uploading files to Drive and creating folders is working well, however when I remove files/folders from Drive permanently they are not removed from storage/file system.
    Running SmartScan and Purge does not help either. So eventually the file system will fill up with unused files/folders. Is this expected behaviour?

Drive files are included in Zextras Backup. This will cause the "mail backup" to grow exponentially which is . Is there a way to exclude the files? We already make backups of the NFS storage.
    Is there a way to determine which drive files/folders are linked to which files/folders on the file system?

One of the features is "Preview files". Is there a list of which files can be previewed? Is there a way to add more files which can be previewed (i.e. MS Office files)?

Regards,
    Noebie

Gil
    Moderator Participant
    Hello Noebie,

Quote Originally Posted by Noebie View Post
    Hi,

The forum has no specific module for ZxDrive, maybe it's an idea to create one?

Regarding ZxDrive, I encountered some issues.
    Setup:
    - Zimbra 8.8.15
    - ZeXtras 3.0.4
    - CentOS 7.7
    - ZxDrive storage is using a separate Primary Volume (NFS storage)

Uploading files to Drive and creating folders is working well, however when I remove files/folders from Drive permanently they are not removed from storage/file system.
    Running SmartScan and Purge does not help either. So eventually the file system will fill up with unused files/folders. Is this expected behaviour?
    documents in drive are first marked for deletion then deleted, the issue is about the second step if i understand it correctly.
    Deleted files are eventually removed from the file system, when the bulkdelete operation is executed by the powerstore.
    A bulkdelete operation can be executed manually but it should not be necessary.
    Deleted files are no longer backed up even if they are still present in the file system and are removed from the backup when the retention period is exceeded.

Drive files are included in Zextras Backup. This will cause the "mail backup" to grow exponentially which is . Is there a way to exclude the files? We already make backups of the NFS storage.
    Is there a way to determine which drive files/folders are linked to which files/folders on the file system?
    we strongly advise against doing any kind of manual operation inside the store and backup directories, in particular removing data from the backup path would invalidate it.

One of the features is "Preview files". Is there a list of which files can be previewed? Is there a way to add more files which can be previewed (i.e. MS Office files)?

Regards,
    Noebie
    office files like docx are already handled, supported formats are pdf, jpeg, gif, png and all file types handled by docs.
    Gil - Zextras Technical Support Engineering
    https://support.zextras.com