ZeXtras 2.10.0 install 'error'

Thread: ZeXtras 2.10.0 install 'error'

ZeXtras 2.10.0 install 'error'

I've just installed the latest version of ZeXtras and it's thrown the following error in a notification email:

Code:
    The following optional sub-services failed to start:
    - cluster: Unable to initialize ZeXtras Suite cluster
    I'm assuming that's because I have a single server and this doesn't start on that configuration, am I correct?
    Regards

Bill

Hi Bill,

as always you are on first line

As you said you shouldn't need the cluster initialization but we have to check this pretty common case.

Can you please share the output of these commands:

Code:
    $ zxsuite config getServices

services                                
                module                                  
                    could_start                                                 false
                    could_stop                                                  true
                    running                                                     true
                cluster                                 

Code:
    # ls  -l /opt/zimbra/conf/zextras/cluster_config/
    Thanx for your feedback.

D0s0n
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Head of ZeXtras System Administrators

Hi D0s0n

Those commands give me the following output:

Code:
    [zimbra@mail01 ~]$ zxsuite config getServices

services                                
                module                                  
                cluster                                 
                    could_start                                                 true
                    could_stop                                                  false
                    running                                                     false

[zimbra@mail01 ~]$ ls  -l /opt/zimbra/conf/zextras/cluster_config/
    total 8
    -rw-r----- 1 zimbra zimbra 998 Oct  3 17:44 zextras.json
    -rw-r----- 1 zimbra zimbra 998 Oct  3 17:45 zextras.json.backup
    Regards

Bill

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello Bill!

I'm checking this with the Dev Team, could you please also post the section of the mailbox.log right after the post-installation service restart? You should find something like this:

Code:
    2018-10-04 07:41:53,267 INFO  [main] [] extensions - registered handler at /zextras
    2018-10-04 07:41:53,290 INFO  [main] [] soap - Adding service InternalDocumentService to SoapServlet
    2018-10-04 07:41:53,291 INFO  [main] [] extensions - registered handler at /zextras-feedback
    2018-10-04 07:41:53,292 INFO  [ZeXtras Suite Real Time Notifier] [tid=88;] extensions - ZeXtras Suite Real Time Notifier: Removing redolog tmp: redolog-0.zetmp
    2018-10-04 07:41:53,292 INFO  [ZeXtras Suite Real Time Notifier] [tid=88;] extensions - ZeXtras Suite Real Time Notifier: opening redolog sequence: 0
    2018-10-04 07:41:56,429 INFO  [main] [] extensions - Scheduling operation ZeXtras Config/ConfigCleanup with timezone Coordinated Universal Time 30 2 * * *
    2018-10-04 07:41:56,429 INFO  [main] [] extensions - Scheduling operation ZeXtras Config/com.zextras.modules.config.services.BackupConfigCronService with timezone Coordinated Universal Time * */1 * * *
    2018-10-04 07:41:56,444 INFO  [main] [] ENGINE - dataFileCache open start
    2018-10-04 07:41:56,453 INFO  [main] [] ENGINE - dataFileCache open end
    2018-10-04 07:41:56,465 WARN  [main] [] extensions - Unable to start the whole service: Service module has one or more optional sub services that didn't start, the service module however is started.

The following optional sub-services failed to start:
    - cluster: Unable to initialize ZeXtras Suite cluster
    Exception: com.zextras.lib.switches.Service$UnnecessaryServiceStartException: Unable to initialize ZeXtras Suite cluster
           at com.zextras.lib.switches.UnnecessaryServiceSwitch.turnOn (UnnecessaryServiceSwitch.java:44)
           at com.zextras.lib.switches.ServiceSwitchAggregator.turnOn (ServiceSwitchAggregator.java:59)
           at com.zextras.lib.switches.ModuleStarter.start (ModuleStarter.java:23)
           at com.zextras.modules.config.ConfigModule.startServerMode (ConfigModule.java:56)
           at com.zextras.lib.ModuleAggregator.initServerMode (ModuleAggregator.java:55)
           at com.zextras.boot.ServerBootstrap.boot (ServerBootstrap.java:66)
           at com.zextras.boot.ZExtrasExtension.startup (ZExtrasExtension.java:86)
           at org.openzal.zal.extension.Extension.start (Extension.java:173)
           at org.openzal.zal.extension.ExtensionManagerImpl.startExtension (ExtensionManagerImpl.java:132)
           at org.openzal.zal.extension.ZalEntrypointImpl.postInit (ZalEntrypointImpl.java:242)
           at org.openzal.zal.extension.ZalEntrypointImpl.postInit (ZalEntrypointImpl.java:236)
           at com.zimbra.cs.extension.ExtensionUtil.postInitAll (ExtensionUtil.java:217)
           at com.zimbra.cs.util.Zimbra.startup (Zimbra.java:382)
    make sure to include the full error stacktrace so that the Devs can investigate the specific error.
    IT Support Team Contact Form
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website
    # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Have ZeXtras Suite or ZeXtras Migration Tool been helpful to you?
    Share your experience in the Zimbra Gallery!

ZeXtras Suite on the Zimbra Gallery
    ZeXtras Migration Tool on the Zimbra Gallery

Hi Cine

The stacktrace is quite large, about (72,000 characters) for the forums is there an email address that I can send it to?
    Regards

Bill

Hi!

Just sent you a PM
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website

Hello Bill!

I've got an answer from the Devs:

It seems like TLSv1.3 was manually added in zimbraMailboxdSSLProtocols, which is unsupported by java, and so the cluster initialization fails since the cypher is not available (the protocol was finalized in August 2018 and will be supported only in java 11- https://bugs.java.com/view_bug.do?bug_id=8145252)

<attr id="1657" name="zimbraMailboxdSSLProtocols" type="string" cardinality="multi" optionalIn="globalConfig,server" flags="serverInherited" requiresRestart="mailbox" since="8.6.0">
    <globalConfigValue>TLSv1</globalConfigValue>
    <globalConfigValue>TLSv1.1</globalConfigValue>
    <globalConfigValue>TLSv1.2</globalConfigValue>
    <globalConfigValue>SSLv2Hello</globalConfigValue>
    <desc>List of SSL/TLS protocols (as documented by SunJSSE Provider Protocols and used in setEnabledProtocols) to be enabled in Jetty for HTTPS, IMAPS, POP3S, and STARTTLS (including LMTP)</desc>
    </attr>

To check the configuration:

zmprov gs $(zmhostname) zimbraMailboxdSSLProtocols
    zmprov gcf zimbraMailboxdSSLProtocols

Does this sound applicable to your infrastructure?
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website

Hi Cine

My apologies for the late reply, I didn't see this messages.

Bingo! You've found this months deliberate error. That's exactly the problem, I thought I was testing this on my test server not the live one and it's been removed now. Sorry for the false alarm and thanks for your quick answer, as usual.
    Regards

Bill