ATT ZEXTRAS: Paid for but can not upgrade?

View Poll Results: Why do you think Zimbra 8.7.11 is not supported?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lack of information.

    0 0%
  • Documentation unclear.

    1 100.00%
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: ATT ZEXTRAS: Paid for but can not upgrade?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Posts
    22

    ATT ZEXTRAS: Paid for but can not upgrade?

    Good day
    2 months ago I bought Zextras to assist me in migrating from one server to another. I bought the full release and it is currently running on Zimbra 8.7.11.

    Today I found an upgrade notification from you guys and tried to install the release just to get the following error:
    Code:
    ./install.sh all
    
    -------------------------
    
    Checking for existing installations ...
    
    FOUND Zimbra 8.7.11 NETWORK
    
    
    
    Zimbra NETWORK edition is not supported by ZeXtras Suite
    
    A complete list of Zimbra versions compatible with ZeXtras Suite can be found at
      http://wiki.zextras.com/wiki/Compatibility_List
    
    
    Exiting ...
    Does this mean that I will not be able to run Zextras anymore?

    kind regards
    aubrey
    if you fart in the woods and nobody hears you, does it count?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    86
    There's a wiki article that covers the compatibility: https://wiki.zextras.com/wiki/Compatibility_List

    Your version will continue to run but not be able to upgrade to the latest release, according to that article. Does the NE version of ZCS give you anything other than the Backup/Restore function, perhaps you might be able to 'upgrade' ZeXtras Suite Plus at a later date - anyway, they're questions only ZeXtras can answer.
    Regards


    Bill

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Posts
    22
    Hi Bill
    This is my point, how can the Suite all of a sudden not be supported? Is there something else? What about my backups and mobile stuff I am currently running? Hey ZeXtras, please give us an answer...
    if you fart in the woods and nobody hears you, does it count?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    86
    Hi Aubrey

    Perhaps opening a support case would get a quicker answer?

  5. #5
    ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,356
    Hello cyber7,

    thank you for your feedback, really appreciated!

    Several things are explained in a dedicated post I've made to describe all of the changes in our development cycle, which can be found HERE. More information about the news in Zimbra 8.8 - which are strongly tied to this topic - can be found on the official Zimbra website.

    To sum up, Zextras Suite 2.6 and onwards will not be compatible with Network Edition anymore, as starting from Zimbra 8.8 the very same software is now included in Network Edition itself under the name of "Next Generation Modules" as part of the Synacor-Zextras OEM Agreement. This means that the built-in Backup, Mobile, HSM and Admin components of Zimbra Network Edition are made by Zextras and are the exact same ones that you can find in Zextras Suite (and there's also Zimbra Drive and Zimbra Chat, included in all Zimbra editions).

    Should you wish to discuss your purchase with our Sales Team, please feel free to open a Support Ticket at https://support.zextras.com/, our Sales Team will be more than glad to answer all of your questions.

    Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the Zextras Team

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Cine View Post
    Hello cyber7,

    thank you for your feedback, really appreciated!

    Several things are explained in a dedicated post I've made to describe all of the changes in our development cycle, which can be found HERE. More information about the news in Zimbra 8.8 - which are strongly tied to this topic - can be found on the official Zimbra website.

    To sum up, Zextras Suite 2.6 and onwards will not be compatible with Network Edition anymore, as starting from Zimbra 8.8 the very same software is now included in Network Edition itself under the name of "Next Generation Modules" as part of the Synacor-Zextras OEM Agreement. This means that the built-in Backup, Mobile, HSM and Admin components of Zimbra Network Edition are made by Zextras and are the exact same ones that you can find in Zextras Suite (and there's also Zimbra Drive and Zimbra Chat, included in all Zimbra editions).

    Should you wish to discuss your purchase with our Sales Team, please feel free to open a Support Ticket at https://support.zextras.com/, our Sales Team will be more than glad to answer all of your questions.

    Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the Zextras Team
    Thank you for all the information, Cline.

    If I get you correct AND PLEASE CONFIRM, as this is most critical:
    1 Zextras will be uninstalled when I upgrade from Zimbra 8.7.11 to Zimbra 8.8.
    2. The modules used in Zextras, mainly ZxBackup will now be replaced by Zimbra's "Next Generation Modules".

    Now, my question here is, what do I do if I still need access to my previous "Import Backup" options? I still have slight problems from my migration that needs to access these files from time to time...

    kind regards
    aubrey
    if you fart in the woods and nobody hears you, does it count?

  7. #7
    ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,356
    Hello Aubrey!

    Updating Zimbra will remove the Zextras Core as usual, while you might need to remove the Zimlets manually. The Backup UI in 8.8 is pretty much identical to Zextras Suite, so accessing the "Backup" section of the "Network NG" section of the Admin Console will display all settings and features you are already familiar with...

    Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the Zextras Team

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Cine View Post
    Hello Aubrey!

    Updating Zimbra will remove the Zextras Core as usual, while you might need to remove the Zimlets manually. The Backup UI in 8.8 is pretty much identical to Zextras Suite, so accessing the "Backup" section of the "Network NG" section of the Admin Console will display all settings and features you are already familiar with...

    Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the Zextras Team
    Hi Cine
    I have just done the upgrade and the option I specifically was looking for (that allowed me to restore accounts/details from my migration) is nowhere to be found...

    The "Import Backup" option is missing...
    if you fart in the woods and nobody hears you, does it count?

  9. #9
    ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,356
    Quote Originally Posted by cyber7 View Post
    Hi Cine
    I have just done the upgrade and the option I specifically was looking for (that allowed me to restore accounts/details from my migration) is nowhere to be found...

    The "Import Backup" option is missing...
    Hello Aubrey!

    The External Restore feature is included in Backup NG (https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Zimbra_...xternalRestore), did you scroll down until the very end of the "Backup" section of the new Zimlet?


    Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •