Zimbra Version is: Release 8.0.6
    Server is : Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS
    Processor : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5420 @ 2.50GHz
    Memory : 4Gb

ZXsuite version is:
    Code:
    zimbra@mail:~$ zxsuite core getVersion

zextras_version                                     2.0.4
            zextras_commit                                      c182a914735fdaf1b676fbb67ea142210d38554e
            zal_version                                         1.9.1
            zal_commit                                          c182a914735fdaf1b676fbb67ea142210d38554e
    I purchased a licence for Zextras suite (ZXBackup) and installed it on my Zimbra server. The Zextras core admin then asked me to upgrade the Zextras suite to 2.0.4 (I had a trial version at 1.10.3) and I proceeded to do so.

Following the upgrade I cannot access the Zimbra Webmail or Admin pages. I keep getting Server Error 500 with what appear to be SOAP errors.

I then disabled com_zextras_zextras but when trying to undeploy com_zextras_zextras I get the following error:

Code:
    zimbra@mail:~$ zmzimletctl undeploy com_zextras_zextras
    com.zimbra.common.zclient.ZClientException: invoke cannot determine soap protocol in reply: <html><head><meta content="t
    ext/html; charset=ISO-8859-1" http-equiv="Content-Type"/><title>Error 500 Server Error</title></head><body><h2>HTTP ERRO
    R 500</h2><p>Problem accessing /service/admin/soap/AuthRequest. Reason:
    &lt;pre>    Server Error&lt;/pre></p><hr/><i><small>Powered by Jetty://</small></i><br/><br/><br/><br/><br/><br/><br/><b
    r/><br/><br/><br/><br/><br/><br/><br/><br/><br/><br/><br/><br/></body></html>, server: localhost
    ExceptionId:main:1447346019733:88cda9196c3095d1
    Code:zclient.IO_ERROR
            at com.zimbra.common.zclient.ZClientException.IO_ERROR(ZClientException.java:45)
            at com.zimbra.cs.account.soap.SoapProvisioning.invoke(SoapProvisioning.java:454)
            at com.zimbra.cs.account.soap.SoapProvisioning.soapAdminAuthenticate(SoapProvisioning.java:394)
            at com.zimbra.cs.zimlet.ZimletUtil$ZimletSoapUtil.initZimletSoapUtil(ZimletUtil.java:1387)
            at com.zimbra.cs.zimlet.ZimletUtil$ZimletSoapUtil.<init>(ZimletUtil.java:1361)
            at com.zimbra.cs.zimlet.ZimletUtil.dispatch(ZimletUtil.java:1815)
            at com.zimbra.cs.zimlet.ZimletUtil.main(ZimletUtil.java:1907)
    Following that I tried running the Zextras uninstall (./install.sh -u all) and it went fine until....

Code:
    Uninstalling the ZeXtras Suite Zimlet ...

com.zimbra.common.zclient.ZClientException: invoke cannot determine soap protocol in reply: <html><head><meta content="t
    ext/html; charset=ISO-8859-1" http-equiv="Content-Type"/><title>Error 500 Server Error</title></head><body><h2>HTTP ERRO
    &lt;pre>    Server Error&lt;/pre></p><hr/><i><small>Powered by Jetty://</small></i><br/><br/><br/><br/><br/><br/><br/><b
    r/><br/><br/><br/><br/><br/><br/><br/><br/><br/><br/><br/><br/></body></html>, server: localhost
    ExceptionId:main:1447348634330:18d6b20696bdcb80
            at com.zimbra.common.zclient.ZClientException.IO_ERROR(ZClientException.java:45)
            at com.zimbra.cs.account.soap.SoapProvisioning.invoke(SoapProvisioning.java:454)
            at com.zimbra.cs.account.soap.SoapProvisioning.soapAdminAuthenticate(SoapProvisioning.java:394)
            at com.zimbra.cs.zimlet.ZimletUtil$ZimletSoapUtil.initZimletSoapUtil(ZimletUtil.java:1387)
    Caused by: com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapParseException: cannot determine soap protocol in reply: <html><head><meta content
    ="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1" http-equiv="Content-Type"/><title>Error 500 Server Error</title></head><body><h2>HTTP E
    RROR 500</h2><p>Problem accessing /service/admin/soap/AuthRequest. Reason:
    r/><br/><br/><br/><br/><br/><br/><br/><br/><br/><br/><br/><br/></body></html>
            at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapTransport.extractBodyElement(SoapTransport.java:314)
            at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapTransport.parseSoapResponse(SoapTransport.java:308)
            at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapHttpTransport.invoke(SoapHttpTransport.java:255)
            at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapHttpTransport.invoke(SoapHttpTransport.java:167)
            at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapTransport.invoke(SoapTransport.java:386)
            at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapTransport.invokeWithoutSession(SoapTransport.java:372)
            at com.zimbra.cs.account.soap.SoapProvisioning.invokeRequest(SoapProvisioning.java:442)
            at com.zimbra.cs.account.soap.SoapProvisioning.invoke(SoapProvisioning.java:450)
            ... 5 more
    [] ERROR: Error
    ExceptionId:main:1447348634330:18d6b20696bdcb80
    Caused by: com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapParseException: cannot determine soap protocol in reply: <html><head><meta content
    ="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1" http-equiv="Content-Type"/><title>Error 500 Server Error</title></head><body><h2>HTTP E
    RROR 500</h2><p>Problem accessing /service/admin/soap/AuthRequest. Reason:
    r/><br/><br/><br/><br/><br/><br/><br/><br/><br/><br/><br/><br/></body></html>
            at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapTransport.extractBodyElement(SoapTransport.java:314)
            at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapTransport.parseSoapResponse(SoapTransport.java:308)
            at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapHttpTransport.invoke(SoapHttpTransport.java:255)
            at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapHttpTransport.invoke(SoapHttpTransport.java:167)
            at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapTransport.invoke(SoapTransport.java:386)
            at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapTransport.invokeWithoutSession(SoapTransport.java:372)
            at com.zimbra.cs.account.soap.SoapProvisioning.invokeRequest(SoapProvisioning.java:442)
            at com.zimbra.cs.account.soap.SoapProvisioning.invoke(SoapProvisioning.java:450)
            ... 5 more

ZeXtras Suite Zimlet removal failed. Exiting.
    So I can't even remove the zimlet and get back to a clean Zimbra install. My Zimbra web interfaces (webmail and admin) had never given any trouble before and I had/have made no changes to the config of the previously working Zimbra. Thankfully the underlying mail server is still working OK, but I need the webmail interface.

Please help!

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello Mtyrrell,
    welcome to the forums!

Could you please send your mailbox.log to community@zextras.com so that we'll be able to run a full investigation about your case? Did you recently make any change in your server's configuration that might have triggered by the mailboxd service restart (e.g. to the local config)?

Also, did you clear the server's cache as described at the end of the installation process? (`zmprov fc all`)

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team
    Last edited by Cine; 11-12-2015 at 05:38 PM.
    IT Support Team Contact Form
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website
    # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Have ZeXtras Suite or ZeXtras Migration Tool been helpful to you?
    Share your experience in the Zimbra Gallery!

ZeXtras Suite on the Zimbra Gallery
    ZeXtras Migration Tool on the Zimbra Gallery

Hi Cine,

The Mailbox log is huge, and it has a load of server specific info in it. Is there any way of sending it to you privately?

No, I had not made any changes to my server config prior to upgrading Zextras suite. And yes I did clear the server cache after the installation. I've since restarted the server a couple of times in the hope that it would fix the issue.

Regards,

Michael

Hello Michael!

The "community@zextras.com" address is dedicated to this specific kind of needs and it's only accessed by me and our head developer, so it's 100% private
    If you wish, you can upload the file on a secure location and send me the link via PM on the forums or updating the Support Request you recently opened instead (max. 7mb for the latter option - lzma does wonders).

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website

Hi Cine,

I've emailed that to you now.

Regards,

Michael

Hello Michael!

Logs received and case investigated: the issue you are experiencing is caused by an incorrect configuration of Zimbra's DOS Filter component, as the zimbraHttpThrottleSafeIPs property contains the 192.168.1.0/32 value while as mentioned in Zimbra's official docs CIDR notation is not supported on any Zimbra version lower than 8.7.

ZeXtras Suite does not change this setting neither during the installation process nor after that, so I assume it was applied manually and then was triggered by the service restart required to install ZeXtras Suite...

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team
    Last edited by Cine; 11-17-2015 at 04:51 PM.
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website

Thanks for that Cine, that fixed it.

It's odd, because that setting would have been put in over a year ago when I upgraded to 8.0.6 and the server has been restarted a few times since then. Obvioulsy something else must have triggered it.

It's also interesting that I couldn't change the zimbraHttpThrottleSafeIPs setting until I figures using zmprov -l to set it via LDAP rather than SOAP.

However, all working now! I've reinstalled Zextras and the backup is running away happily.

Thanks for your help.

Michael