port numbers for ZeXtra Mobile?

Thread: port numbers for ZeXtra Mobile?

port numbers for ZeXtra Mobile?

Anyone happen to know what ports I need to forward through my router to get ZeXtra Mobile to work properly?

Thanks in advance!

The CEO ZeXtras Employee
    Participant
    Hi Scott and welcome to this forum!
    ZeXtras mobile work on the same ports of your webmail interface ( http protocol)
    Depending on your server's configuration may be on port 80 (http) or port 443 (https) or both.
    Please take a look on your device configuration to figure out the use of SSL option that means you need access to port 443.
    Be sure to enable the Module for the user/COS you want as explained here: ZxMobile Admin Guide - ZeXtras Suite Wiki

Best Regards
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

ZeXtras CEO. Like a Boss.

Thanks got it working on my Android device.

It won't work with my wife's Apple Mail program (she is running Lion). It just says it can't connect to the host at port 443 (I am able to connect to it via the browser just fine).

I just wated to take a moment and thank you for a wonderful product. This was the only question I had, what firewall ports need to be opened to get the ZeXtra's product to work properly. It appears to be just 80 and 443 depending on the Zimbra site configuration, correct?

Thank you again, your hard work shows in the products refinded interface and quick install. This is worth every penny I spent for the license.

Wise Guy Participant
    Quote Originally Posted by prokennexusa View Post
    I just wated to take a moment and thank you for a wonderful product. This was the only question I had, what firewall ports need to be opened to get the ZeXtra's product to work properly. It appears to be just 80 and 443 depending on the Zimbra site configuration, correct?

Thank you again, your hard work shows in the products refinded interface and quick install. This is worth every penny I spent for the license.
    Thank you very much, prokennexusa, for your appreciation. We do our very best to provide our customers with a product which can provide the right mixture of usability and technical might.
    Personally I believe that few things are more satisfying for an end user than feeling that what you spent your money on is worth that amount or more, especially if it keeps on delivering you more and more features over time.
    Unfortunately those products or services, in my personal experience, are few and far between, a fact which makes us even more proud that our users might believe our products are worthy of such praise, and makes us strive to keep going down that path.

And after that moment of pride , an answer to your question:
    in order to use the ZeXtras products from the outside you don't need to open additional ports other than the ones required by Zimbra, as you can see here . Were you to be running a multi-server instance of Zimbra, you'd need the servers hosting the store components of Zimbra to communicate among each other on the 8735 TCP port, as detailed here. Do not, however, allow that port to be accessed from the outside.

Regards,
    Trantor
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

ZeXtras System Administrator and Installer Guru