ZAL download link is broken
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: ZAL download link is broken

ZAL download link is broken

Just upgraded to Zimbra 8.5.1 and was reinstalling Zextras (1.10.0) and the installer is unable to download the latest ZAL library. I am also unable to manually download it and the ZAL website itself doesn't provide download links.

Code:
    Downloading the ZAL library. It might take a few minutes ...
    ** GET http://openzal.org/1.5/zal-1.5-8.5.1.jar ==> 404 Not Found
    404 Not Found at bin/get_zal.pl line 48.
    Going to http://openzal.org/1.5/zal-1.5-8.5.1.jar results in:

Code:
    404 Not Found

Code: NoSuchKey
        Key: 1.5/zal-1.5-8.5.1.jar
        RequestId: 47B09AF5D5279E84
        HostId: E/LUJTzcbK1ZMLJwSqxaBkmhhVwQ8Q63faOiMXb8cNH9TaCEDEoJWfGO57GM3Mus3rv9qDUMz8w=
    If this is going to be a critical dependency perhaps it should be mirrored on zextras.com. It also might be a good idea for the last successful download of the ZAL library to be archived automatically on the server as part of the Zextras installation. A quick search of my server turns up zero results for zal-1.5-8.5.1.jar or zal-*.jar on my server even though I had successfully installed Zextras 1.10.0 on 8.5.0 before this upgrade.

Or better yet perhaps releases should also be posted on the Github page: https://github.com/ZeXtras/OpenZAL

** Workaround **
    [Redacted per Zextras request]
    Last edited by FiZi; 11-05-2014 at 07:48 PM.

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello Fizi!

The ZAL website is properly working: Zimbra 8.5.1 has just been released, and the ZAL package compatible with this version is being worked on.
    Expect a ZAL (and ZeXtras Suite) compatible release within 48 hours as usual

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

P.s.: the ZAL file downloaded by the ZeXtras Installer is simply renamed to "zal.jar" and placed in /opt/zimbra/lib/ext/zextras/, and just like the ZeXtras Core it's removed during a Zimbra update...
    Last edited by Cine; 11-05-2014 at 07:22 PM.
    IT Support Team Contact Form
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website
    # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Have ZeXtras Suite or ZeXtras Migration Tool been helpful to you?
    Share your experience in the Zimbra Gallery!

ZeXtras Suite on the Zimbra Gallery
    ZeXtras Migration Tool on the Zimbra Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Cine View Post
    Hello Fizi!

The ZAL website is properly working: Zimbra 8.5.1 has just been released, and the ZAL package compatible with this version is being worked on.
    Expect a ZAL (and ZeXtras Suite) compatible release within 48 hours as usual

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

P.s.: the ZAL file downloaded by the ZeXtras Installer is simply renamed to "zal.jar" and placed in /opt/zimbra/lib/ext/zextras/, and just like the ZeXtras Core it's removed during a Zimbra update...
    Thanks for the info. Our of curiosity why doesn't the manual method of putting zal.jar into the "packages/" dir of the Zextras installer work?

Quote Originally Posted by FiZi View Post
    Thanks for the info. Our of curiosity why doesn't the manual method of putting zal.jar into the "packages/" dir of the Zextras installer work?
    I'd need a bit more info about this in order to help you, could you please run the installer with the "-d" option and send the full output to community@zextras.com so that I can have a look at what's going on?

Also, please remove the "Almost a workaround" from your post, it might be misleading for other users

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website

I'd need a bit more info about this in order to help you, could you please run the installer with the "-d" option and send the full output to community@zextras.com so that I can have a look at what's going on?

Also, please remove the "Almost a workaround" from your post, it might be misleading for other users

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team
    I updated that section of my original post with information that works. Do you still want me to remove it?

Quote Originally Posted by FiZi View Post
    I updated that section of my original post with information that works. Do you still want me to remove it?
    Please do. That workaround might lead to software issues, and it's not endorsed or supported by ZeXtras.
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website

Thank you

Just for future reference, manually editing the ZAL in order to install ZeXtras Suite on a non-compatible version might lead to a wide range of issues, from logs clogged with "Unhandled Exception" errors to major module malfunctioning, due to the fact that the ZAL is the component responsible for the communication between the ZeXtras Core and the mailboxd service...

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website

Thank you

Just for future reference, manually editing the ZAL in order to install ZeXtras Suite on a non-compatible version might lead to a wide range of issues, from logs clogged with "Unhandled Exception" errors to major module malfunctioning, due to the fact that the ZAL is the component responsible for the communication between the ZeXtras Core and the mailboxd service...

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    Makes sense. In my case since I'm the only one using my mail server I'll take the risk for a day or two over downgrading Zimbra. I'll be sure to wait a few days next time before upgrading.
    d0s0n likes this.

Hello!

Quick update: ZeXtras Suite 1.10.1 has been released (featuring ZAL 1.5.1), fully compatible with Zimbra 8.5.1 and Zimbra 8.0.9...

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website

Cine, I am trying to install zextras suite today (11/26/14) and am also unable to get the zal library to download. I tried twice, first it said the ZAL library is not compatible with my version of Zimbra (version 8.5.1). I read this forum and tried to re-run the install, the second time it gave me the link to get the zal library as http://openzal.org/./zal-.-8.5.1.jar and it also did not work.

I am unsure how to find the file to download it manually.

thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast