Total nonsense, losing potential customers

Thread: Total nonsense, losing potential customers

Thumbs up Total nonsense, losing potential customers

I was surprised when I tried to install my new license for ZxMobile. I bought 40 license for 40 mailboxes, but when I tried to upload the license .zx file, an alert told be that I had too many mailboxes for the license I just bought. WOW ?

We have 160 mailboxes. Some are for shared calendars without any human, some are for our printers when they send an email (from a scan). We also have a in-house policy where we need to create a mailbox for everyone, even janitors who can't even read. It does not make sense to buy a license for them.

Maybe it's my fault, I didn't see the the text (on the page where we choose the number of license) that says we need to equal the number of mailboxes. This text rotates with an ad, of course some people won't see it..

Too bad, you will probably lose me as a customer, so as many others with this rule.

Meh.

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello Sage,
    thank you for your feedback!

I'm sorry that our licensing model does not fit your needs. As explained some time ago here on the Forums, this licensing system allows us to keep a modular offer and a very low per-mailbox price without having to resort to high "minimum purchase" numbers or to license packs for a fixed number of mailboxes.
    Licensing our software as you suggest would require us to raise the per-mailbox price, meaning that customers needing a large number of mailboxes would have to pay a lot of money for our software. I guess it's true that you can't have your cake and eat it too

Regarding the way our licensing model is presented to potential customers, we do our best to make it as clear as possible:
    - It's explained in the first "slide" of the top banner on the ZeXtras Store.
    - It's discussed at the beginning of the video linked on the second "slide" on top of the banner on the ZeXtras Store, which is an instructional video on how to use the ZeXtras Store, not an AD.
    - The "How to find the right number" button near the "Your Zimbra Mailboxes" field on the ZeXtras Store allows you to find the minimum number of mailboxes for your license. Furthermore, that field is called "Your Zimbra Mailboxes" in order to avoid misunderstandings.
    - There's a dedicated page on the ZeXtras Wiki for licensing management, License Management - ZeXtras Suite Wiki.
    - It's spcified in section 8 of the ZeXtras EULA.

We would be really glad to make it even clearer for our users, so any feedback from you on this topic is extremely appreciated.

Thus said, our Sales Team is at your disposal for any need. I know you already opened a Ticket about this to the IT Support team: I'll move it to the Sales Team's queue and make sure you'll be contacted ASAP.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Thank you for your answer. If I can help, the best place should be where you put your number of mailboxes. It's my fault, I should have read everything.

I guess I will have to ask for a refund. We can't pay for 160 mailboxes. Even if we are a non-profit organization with a 40% discount, this is far too high.

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Thank you again for your feedback! I'll talk with our webdevs and see what we can do to improve the visibility of this informations.

I personally took care of your ticket after a talk with the sales team, check your inbox

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team