ZeXtras license, mailbox and mailbox server
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dragon2611

Thread: ZeXtras license, mailbox and mailbox server

ZeXtras license, mailbox and mailbox server

Good morning,

I've a question about ZeXtras license and mailbox and zimbra-store.
    So, is possible to buy only 10 ZeXtras license for my company manager if I've more than 25 account (mailbox) in my zimbra instance?

Is possible install ZeXtras in a mailbox server with more than license number accounts and enabling it only for particular accounts?

Thnx

m.

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello mm84,
    welcome to the forums!

As stated in the ZeXtras Store (and both in the ZeXtras Wiki and ZeXtras EULA), the number of licensed mailboxes is the same for all modules and must be equal or higher than the number of mailboxes on your server - excluding Calendar Resource, System Resource and External accounts.
    Should the number of licensed mailboxes be lower than the number of mailboxes on your server, all paid ZeXtras Suite modules will be disabled. Zimbra and any free ZeXtras Module will not be affected.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team
    IT Support Team Contact Form
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website
    # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Have ZeXtras Suite or ZeXtras Migration Tool been helpful to you?
    Share your experience in the Zimbra Gallery!

ZeXtras Suite on the Zimbra Gallery
    ZeXtras Migration Tool on the Zimbra Gallery

p.s.: Thread moved to "General Informations" from "Install and Setup".
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website

Thanks a lot Cine. So, I've just another question. I install zimbra in a multiserver configuration. I've 2 zimbra-mailstore, one licensed for ZeXtras and one free for account that not need to have ZeXtras feature enable. I try to create more than ZeXtras licensed mailbox in my not ZeXtras-enabled mailstore and ZeXtras notify to me that ZeXtras are disabled for exceeded number of account.
    This is not a good behavior since the second mailstore users do not have access to the features of ZeXtras.
    Any idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Cine View Post
    Hello mm84,
    welcome to the forums!

As stated in the ZeXtras Store (and both in the ZeXtras Wiki and ZeXtras EULA), the number of licensed mailboxes is the same for all modules and must be equal or higher than the number of mailboxes on your server - excluding Calendar Resource, System Resource and External accounts.
    Should the number of licensed mailboxes be lower than the number of mailboxes on your server, all paid ZeXtras Suite modules will be disabled. Zimbra and any free ZeXtras Module will not be affected.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team
    I can't speak for Others but that is actually stopping me from Buying, I'd be very interested in Mobile as it would save me from having to maintain a separate zpush server and from the looks of the product provide much better integration with the zimbra admin panel, the thing Is I don't need mobile on ALL accounts on the server so paying for licenses for mailboxes that don't use mobile and have no intention of using mobile is a complete waste of money.
    jainsanmati likes this.

Hello Dragon2611,
    welcome to the forums!

I'm sorry our licensing model does not fit your needs...
    As described on the ZeXtras Wiki page you linked our goal is to provide a licensing system which is both flexible and fair, but there are of course some "blind spots".
    I might be wrong, but reading your post it seems to me that you didn't try ZeXtras Suite: if I'm right, I strongly suggest you to give it a try to assess for yourself if the high quality and sheer integration of ZeXtras Suite are worth the extra money.
    If you already tried ZeXtras Suite, feel free to contact our Sales Team to discuss your case and see if any of our special pricings apply to your server.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website

Same it is stopping me too to buy this suite. I am working in government department and trying to implement this for say 30 users. But my zimbra server is having 200 mailboxes.

If there is any possibility please let me know. [email Address Removed - Cine]
    Last edited by Cine; 07-01-2014 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jainsanmati View Post
    Same it is stopping me too to buy this suite. I am working in government department and trying to implement this for say 30 users. But my zimbra server is having 200 mailboxes.

If there is any possibility please let me know. [email Address Removed - Cine]
    Hello jainsanmati,
    welcome to the forums!

As previously said, our licensing system covers all mailboxes in a server so that we are able to keep a very low per-mailbox price: a ZeXtras Mobile Edu/Gov license for your server can be purchased for as low as EUR240/USD312, which frankly is much less than the price of 30 mailboxes for any comparable solution.

Feel free to get in touch for any further need!

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website

LinkBacks (?)