Shared contacts and persona

Thread: Shared contacts and persona

Shared contacts and persona

Hi

I have a customer who want's access to a shared set of contacts on his iphone. He would also like to send email as his persona if it's required. IS there any way I can implement these please

Thanks

Glenn

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello Glenn!

Unfortunately you are dealing with two features which are very specific to Zimbra: Shares and Personas - I know that lots of softwares feature the use of personas, but each software has its own implementation without any standard to follow.

We are working to include both features in ZeXtras Mobile, but aside of this right now the situation is the following:

Shared Contacts: as far as I know, some clients can synchronize shared address books through the CardDav protocol, but my experience with this is kinda discouraging as a simple software update (in this case I was using an iOS device) could break the sync. Check out the following post in the official Zimbra forums for more info: Zimbra 8 <-> iOS, shared cals

Personas: Honestly, no idea. If the email address of the persona is also an alias for the account you can create a new account on the device, whether you use EAS, IMAP or POP - using the alias as the mail address, but if not I don't know how to help

I'll keep my ears and eyes open, and should I find any news I'll make sure to share

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    IT Support Team Contact Form
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website
    # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Have ZeXtras Suite or ZeXtras Migration Tool been helpful to you?
    Share your experience in the Zimbra Gallery!

ZeXtras Suite on the Zimbra Gallery
    ZeXtras Migration Tool on the Zimbra Gallery