Notifications stopped on 22/01/2013
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Notifications stopped on 22/01/2013

  1. #1
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    18

    Notifications stopped on 22/01/2013

    Hello,

    I noticed lately that I didn't receive any notifications about version upgrades anymore.
    The latest notification (notification module) is sent on 22/01/2013.

    I have done no changes to the configuration in the last year, only version upgrades of zextras modules.

    Zimbra version: 7.1.3
    I have only the mobile module.

    notifications (core module) are set to a valid email address, level warning.

    zextras_version 1.8.1
    zextras_target 7.1.3
    zextras_commit 30596a0b9fb1ba4ca16f1865c95d505a3db625fe
    zextras_lib_version 1.0.0
    zextras_lib_commit 641c44920d8d4c8e5ce3ce83ea8d4ceef63de5b7

    thank you for advicing a fix!

    Peter

  2. #2
    CTO ZeXtras Employee d0s0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    565
    Hi Peter and welcome to the forums.

    Quote Originally Posted by peter View Post
    Hello,

    I noticed lately that I didn't receive any notifications about version upgrades anymore.
    The latest notification (notification module) is sent on 22/01/2013.

    I have done no changes to the configuration in the last year, only version upgrades of zextras modules.

    Zimbra version: 7.1.3
    I have only the mobile module.

    notifications (core module) are set to a valid email address, level warning.
    So you didn't receive any mails about the new zextras version, but can you see zextras notifications on the administration console?

    The zextras notification is composed by a web notification and a mail also, if you don't receive the mail copy you should check postfix logs (/var/log/zimbra.log) for any delivery problem.

    Another question: did you disabled the notify update setting?
    zxsuite core getproperty ZxCore_NotifyUpdates

    Quote Originally Posted by peter View Post
    zextras_version 1.8.1
    ....
    thank you for advicing a fix!

    Peter
    In the new version 1.8.2 we have improved the notification system then I suggest you update.

    Have a nice day.

    D0s0n
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

    Head of ZeXtras System Administrators

  3. #3
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    18
    Thank you for your fast reply.

    Quote Originally Posted by d0s0n View Post
    So you didn't receive any mails about the new zextras version, but can you see zextras notifications on the administration console?
    No, I don't see any zextras notifications after the date 22 januari 2013.

    Quote Originally Posted by d0s0n View Post
    Another question: did you disabled the notify update setting?
    zxsuite core getproperty ZxCore_NotifyUpdates
    I didn't changed the notify setting:
    ZxCore_NotifyUpdates true (true)

    Quote Originally Posted by d0s0n View Post
    In the new version 1.8.2 we have improved the notification system then I suggest you update.
    I have currently upgraded to version 1.8.2.

    It's just that now I need to check regulary the admin console to see if there is a new version. An email notification was easier!

    Peter

  4. #4
    CTO ZeXtras Employee d0s0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    565
    Quote Originally Posted by peter View Post
    It's just that now I need to check regulary the admin console to see if there is a new version. An email notification was easier!
    It isn't the normal behaviour, please check if none notification is sent also for failed zextras operations (eg. you can try to export in a folder where zimbra user cannot write).

    Thanks in advance for your report.

    D0s0n
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

    Head of ZeXtras System Administrators

  5. #5
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    18
    Hello,
    I'm not sure what you mean, but I don't think the emailing is the problem.
    After upgrading today I received a warning notification via email about my MaxPermSize settings, I see this notification also in the notifications list.

    See screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7jditggscq...screenshot.JPG

    Maybe from this version notifications will work again?

  6. #6
    ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,342
    Hello Peter!

    ZeXtras Suite 1.8.3, released a couple of hours ago, features some improvements on the "Update Available" notification system that sould fix your issue...

    Have a nice day,
    Cine
    IT Support Team Contact Form
    Sales Team Contact Form

    ZeXtras Website
    # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

    Have ZeXtras Suite or ZeXtras Migration Tool been helpful to you?
    Share your experience in the Zimbra Gallery!

    ZeXtras Suite on the Zimbra Gallery
    ZeXtras Migration Tool on the Zimbra Gallery

  7. #7
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    18
    Hello Cine,

    I have waited until today to see if notifications are sent, and it's working again. Since version 1.8.2 my problem seems to be fixed (I received a notification about version 1.8.3 this night). I will install the latest version now.

    Thank you very much for your assistance and have a nice day!
    Peter

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •