Zextras Beta 1.5: issues and suggestions
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MACscr

Thread: Zextras Beta 1.5: issues and suggestions

Question Zextras Beta 1.5: issues and suggestions

Should we open a new thread with beta issues? Im getting a 500 error in admin and client webmail. Cant even get to a login prompt. I unfortunately didnt try to login to zimbra after i had upgraded from 7.2.1 to 8.0, so im not 100% sure if the issue is with zextras though. Im finding a java error in my logs that is pretty vague. Should i just be able to temporarily disable the zimlet to test if its causing the problem?

Hi MACscr,
    I doubt that ZeXtras may be related to such behaviour but you can try to uninstall it to verify your suspects.

Keep us updated!

D0s0n
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Head of ZeXtras System Administrators

I just installed it. No difference. =/ Guess it is Zimbra core related. Found this error in my logs (Private Paste - Pastie), but its not that useful.

I will take a look to this error tomorrow with a developer, I hope to help you...

This does appear to be an issue with the plugin as the system works fine before installing it. Unfortunately uninstalling it doesnt fix things either. According to a zimbra staff member: "Installing zextras on an 8.0 box will kill the ability for JSP's to compile. This issue should be taken up with them."
    Last edited by MACscr; 09-26-2012 at 12:49 AM.

I was working with another zextras user in #zimbra on freenode and a zimbra staff member when we confirmed the issue with both of us. We pretty much had identical setups. Here is my thread i opened with the zimbra team before i realized it was plugin specific: Upgraded to 8 OSE and getting 500 error. It has a little extra log info.

I even restored the virtual machine disk image from backup, uninstalled zextras, upgraded to zimbra 8. Installed zextras. Same 500 error.

Hi MACscr, I've just checked your logs with a dev member and I can confirm that it is related to the zextras installer, because it modifies a jsp file.

Quote Originally Posted by MACscr View Post
    According to a zimbra staff member: "Installing zextras on an 8.0 box will kill the ability for JSP's to compile. This issue should be taken up with them."
    We have find a workaround, just delete the folder /opt/zimbra/jetty/work/zimbra and restart mailboxd:
    Code:
    #su - zimbra
    rm -rf  /opt/zimbra/jetty/work/zimbra
    zmmailboxdctl restart
    Thanks for your feedback, we are close to release a new beta version 1.5.1 with this fix and other minor updates.

D0s0n

Woo hoo! That seemed to work. Thanks!
    d0s0n likes this.

For the record, I experienced the same issue with the 500 Internal Server Error. I had found a very similar solution that had also worked. Looking forward to the 1.5.1 BETA.

The CEO ZeXtras Employee
    Participant
    http://forums.zextras.com/news-annou...ra-8-here.html ZeXtras 1.5.1 is Available.

Waiting to you feedbacks, Bye

ZeXtras CEO. Like a Boss.

LinkBacks (?)