any ETA for 8 compatible version?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: any ETA for 8 compatible version?

Question any ETA for 8 compatible version?

I'm really impatient for this one, so couldn't help asking

Hi muzzol and welcome to the forums.

Well, since Zimbra 8 is a new major release, with the amount of changes that entails, it'll take slightly more than a few days this time :-)
    We're currently going through the testing phase of the new release, and our target is the end of September.

D0s0n
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Head of ZeXtras System Administrators

Quote Originally Posted by d0s0n View Post
    Hi muzzol and welcome to the forums.

Well, since Zimbra 8 is a new major release, with the amount of changes that entails, it'll take slightly more than a few days this time :-)
    We're currently going through the testing phase of the new release, and our target is the end of September.

D0s0n
    thanks for your quick response

Quote Originally Posted by d0s0n View Post

D0s0n
    This is great news! I'm finalizing my evaluation of Zimbra 7.2.1, but I'd like to evaluate 8.0 before making it a production server. Having a fully functional server including the ZeXtras Mobile extension would be nice to have from the get go. I'm looking forward to the updated extension.

Update? How's the dev team doing?

I cant wait as well. I can't test and move to .8 yet without Zextras being compatable. Im not sure why the programming and testing couldnt have been started 9 months ago when they released the first Zimbra 8 beta. Thats half the point of those releases.

Hi MACscr and welcome to the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by MACscr View Post
    I cant wait as well.
    I'm repeating the same thing the whole dev team for almost two weeks, when Zimbra has released the 8.0.0 OSS

Quote Originally Posted by MACscr View Post
    I can't test and move to .8 yet without Zextras being compatable. Im not sure why the programming and testing couldnt have been started 9 months ago when they released the first Zimbra 8 beta. Thats half the point of those releases.
    We are doing our best to release a reliable software, but all Zextras modules are extensions of Zimbra core and the compatibility depends on the specific released builds. Then the source code, that we are checking with perforce since when it was available, is changed day-by-day with many major features (and bugs) added even last months.

To meet the testing needs of our customers, we are very close to release a public beta version (branch 1.5) with some shortcomings like ZxChat module and imports from previous Zimbra versions.

D0s0n

Please do not not delay the release of getting our backup/mobile solutions updated for 8.0 because of a new feature of chat that you want to add. While we do appreciate that new feature, its not a mandatory thing like mobile/backups and we would really like more effort going into that instead.

Will the beta version be anounced on the forums or only customers will have access to it?

I apreciate the work your doing to improve administrator's experience

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by iamcypher View Post
    Will the beta version be anounced on the forums or only customers will have access to it?
    We have finally released the Public BETA version 1.5.0, this package and all next beta versions 1.5.x are downloadable directly from this link or simply use wget directly from your Zimbra server:
    Code:
    wget http://www.zextras.com/downloads/zextras_suite-BETA.tgz
    As I said before we have disabled Inport/Export functions and ZxChat module in this release

Quote Originally Posted by iamcypher View Post
    I apreciate the work your doing to improve administrator's experience
    Thanx to all of you supporting us every day in our project

D0s0n

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast