any ETA for 8 compatible version? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: any ETA for 8 compatible version?

To test out the beta, should we install it first and then upgrade to zimbra 8 or should we upgrade to zimbra 8 and then install the zextras beta?

The CEO ZeXtras Employee
    Participant
    ZeXtras 1.5.0 is installable ONLY on Zimbra 8.

Bests Regards
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

ZeXtras CEO. Like a Boss.

Hello,

Can you please elaborate on the last statement? ZeXtras 1.5.0 BETA is and will remain only installable on zimbra 8, or the RC version will permit actual migration from older versions too?

Thanks.

The CEO ZeXtras Employee
    Participant
    This BETA version is installable ONLY on Zimbra 8.
    Future stable 1.6 will be the official zextras package so it will be installable in every zimbra from 6.0.7 to last 8.X available.
    This beta has Import-Export function disable so it's not usable to migrate from a 6 or 7 to 8 , future 1.5 and the stable 1.6 will.

Bests Regards
    iamcypher likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    This BETA version is installable ONLY on Zimbra 8.
    Future stable 1.6 will be the official zextras package so it will be installable in every zimbra from 6.0.7 to last 8.X available.
    This beta has Import-Export function disable so it's not usable to migrate from a 6 or 7 to 8 , future 1.5 and the stable 1.6 will.

Bests Regards
    When you say Import-Export, you are talking about actual system migrations. Not simply upgrading a system from 7 to 8 and installing the beta when 1.4.4 existed on the 7.x version first. Correct?

The CEO ZeXtras Employee
    Participant
    Hi MACscr, correct.
    You can upgrade your zimbra 7 with zextras 1.4.X to zimbra 8 with zextras 1.5.0 .
    The disabled functions are about migration, so you can't export from your zimbra 7 all data and import on the new zimbra 8 server. (this limit will be removed in next beta versions)
    Please be sure your zimbra 8 is not a production machine before install the zextras beta version.

Best regards.

Paolo

Hi MACscr, correct.
    You can upgrade your zimbra 7 with zextras 1.4.X to zimbra 8 with zextras 1.5.0 .
    The disabled functions are about migration, so you can't export from your zimbra 7 all data and import on the new zimbra 8 server. (this limit will be removed in next beta versions)
    Please be sure your zimbra 8 is not a production machine before install the zextras beta version.

Best regards.

Paolo
    Unfortunately the beta is extremely broken and doesnt work (this has been confirmed by another user with the exact same setup and errors) http://forums.zextras.com/general-in...ggestions.html. =/

The CEO ZeXtras Employee
    Participant
    I'm sorry you are having some trouble with this first beta version.
    At this moment your issue is the only one we receive and for that reason in very important to us investigate it.
    The link you posted is to another your thread moved by D0s0n in a new discussion.

I can assure you that we are here to help you at our best , so please, share with us any kind of information about this problem you think could be help.

I'm sorry you are having some trouble with this first beta version.
    At this moment your issue is the only one we receive and for that reason in very important to us investigate it.
    The link you posted is to another your thread moved by D0s0n in a new discussion.

I can assure you that we are here to help you at our best , so please, share with us any kind of information about this problem you think could be help.
    Oh, i understand the link is my thread. I was working with another user in #zimbra on freenode and a zimbra staff member when we confirmed the issue. I will update the other thread with that information.

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Bumping this post to inform you that ZeXtras Suite 1.6.0 has been released, featuring full Zimbra 8.0 compatibility.

See the full announcement at http://forums.zextras.com/news-annou...lity-here.html

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    IT Support Team Contact Form
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website
    # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Have ZeXtras Suite or ZeXtras Migration Tool been helpful to you?
    Share your experience in the Zimbra Gallery!

ZeXtras Suite on the Zimbra Gallery
    ZeXtras Migration Tool on the Zimbra Gallery

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12