Licensing Questions and Feedbacks
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Licensing Questions and Feedbacks

Licensing Questions and Feedbacks

Hello,

i have mail server with 80 mailboxes. I have valid licence for 10 phones. But sync doesnt work. Do i really need licence for 80 mailboxes if i need sync only 10phones ?

Thanks Filip S.

Hello silhavyf and welcome to the forums!

As stated in the ZeXtras Mobile FAQs on the ZeXtras Wiki

"The ZeXtras Suite License is designed to work server-wide, so the number of mailboxes acquired with your license must be equal or higher than the total number of mailboxes on your server."

Best regards,
    D0s0n
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Head of ZeXtras System Administrators

Hello,

thanks for your reply.. Its pitty... because i only need sync 10phones.. So i must search another solution.

Thanks Filip S.

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silhavyf View Post
    Hello,

thanks for your reply.. Its pitty... because i only need sync 10phones.. So i must search another solution.

Thanks Filip S.
    Hello Filip,
    welcome to the forums.

When first defining our licensing system we specfically designed it to be as fair as possible for all the possible kinds of customers, trying not to disadvantage neither the small company nor the big corporation.

I'm really sorry you feel that our licensing model doesn't fit your needs, I'm at your complete disposal for any further need.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    Last edited by Cine; 06-04-2012 at 10:54 AM.
    IT Support Team Contact Form
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website
    # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Have ZeXtras Suite or ZeXtras Migration Tool been helpful to you?
    Share your experience in the Zimbra Gallery!

ZeXtras Suite on the Zimbra Gallery
    ZeXtras Migration Tool on the Zimbra Gallery

Hello,

ok this is my fault.. i should read faq more carefully... but think about it.. i have server with different people.. somebody use only pop3 somebody use only webmail or imap.. so our company dont need to buy mobile sync for every mailbox..
    Thanks Filip

Interesting discussion.
    Does this licensing mean that you need a license for every mailbox even if it doesn't use zxmobile ?
    We have ~100 mailboxes and ~10 would use zxmobile (mainly sales people), I'd say get a license for the ones that need
    to use zxmobile (i.e. ~10 licenses).

Quote Originally Posted by ppdeonet View Post
    Interesting discussion.
    Does this licensing mean that you need a license for every mailbox even if it doesn't use zxmobile ?
    Yes, it does..

As I said, the licensing system has been carefully designed to be fair with both small and large companies, and licensing our modules by used account would have meant a raise in the price which would have been troublesome for most of our customers.

The use of this kind of licensing also allows us to be more flexible on quantities and support...
    Frankly, I still have to see a comparable solution that allows you to license your mailboxes on a Pay-per-Use basis or that doesn't require you to pay additional fees/have an ongoing license to open a support ticket.

Now, please allow me a small personal assessment:
    I think everyone who read at least a couple of posts on this forums can agree that I'm not a sales guy, I'd like to be clear that I'm not trying to sell anything to anybody.

Thus said, I ask you a little trust on what stated on this matter: Planning our licensing mode to provide the best possible experience required a lot of effort and the feedbacks we get on it are showing that we are on track to achieve our goals of a fair and flexible licensing system.

Moreover, if you think that ZeXtras' licensing system is not fair just because you need to license all your mailboxes on your server, please try to consider what you actually get with ZeXtras: you'll notice that it's not just a license for a product, but a wide range of additional services and a constantly improving seller-to-buyer experience.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website

Just out of curiosity:
    A clean install of Zimbra already creates 4 mailboxes (admin, non-spam, spam training, anti-virus quarantaine).
    Do these mailboxes count as well ?

Quote Originally Posted by ppdeonet View Post
    Just out of curiosity:
    A clean install of Zimbra already creates 4 mailboxes (admin, non-spam, spam training, anti-virus quarantaine).
    Do these mailboxes count as well ?
    Absolutely not, system resource accounts doesn't count torwards the license count

You can see the effective number of mailboxes that require a license in the ZeXtras Administration Zimlet, Core Tab, under "User Count"

Have a nice day,
    Cine

[Edit: Neither Resource accounts nor Location accounts count as well]
    Last edited by Cine; 06-06-2012 at 03:06 PM.
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website

Cine, what would happen if we get new employees (mailboxes) after buying your license ?
    Thanks,
    Perry

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast