Licensing Questions and Feedbacks - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Licensing Questions and Feedbacks

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by igor.hrcek View Post
    This licensing is pretty bad. I have 23 accounts and I have bought a license for 10 mailboxes from which I have used only 3. Since there was no any kind of information on your purchasing page about this strange licensing I'm feeling deceived (don't tell me to read the Wiki before purchase since this information HAS to be clearly stated on your website) so I would like to get my money back since I can't use it and I don't want to pay you additional 70 EUR for something I don't need.

How can I get my money back or to use my service as is normal and logical?
    Hello Igor,

I'm sorry you feel this way about our licensing model, please get in touch with our Sales Team (sales@zextras.com - be sure to specify your Order ID) to obtain a full refund.

However, about the "feeling deceived" part of your post, please let me clarify a couple of points:

- In the ZeXtras Store's main page the licensing model is clearly specified, as on the top of the page near the "Your Zimbra Mailboxes" field it's clearly stated that:
    * Note: the number of licensed Mailboxes must be equal or greater than the number of mailboxes on your server (excluding Resource Accounts like Wiki, Ham and Spam).
    - Furthermore, the field is called "Your Zimbra Mailboxes" to clarify that you need to enter (at least) the number of Zimbra mailboxes in your server.

- Just to be specific, a ZxMobile yearly license for 23 users costs 46EUR in total, so updating from 10 mailboxes to 23 costs about 26EUR - not 70EUR. I know that probably this doesn't affect you in any way. This is only to make sure that those who will read this post will have the correct data about the pricing of our product.

I hope that after this clarifications you won't feel deceived anymore...

Have a nice day,
    Cine

I see now that is stated below the number of mailboxes with 0.8 em font. Very clever I did not noticed it, that is true, but it's not clearly visible and as I can see by the rest of the people in this thread I am not the only one who "missed" that notification. "Your Zimbra Mailboxes" can be interpreted as "the number of mailboxes that will be using Mobile sync" don't you think?

I have purchased a full bundle which is 70 EUR, so if I upgrade it will be additional 70 EUR and I want only 3 mailboxes to be "mobile". And I still don't understand this policy because hiding behind "one size fits all" policy is just not right.

I see now that is stated below the number of mailboxes with 0.8 em font. Very clever I did not noticed it, that is true, but it's not clearly visible and as I can see by the rest of the people in this thread I am not the only one who "missed" that notification. "Your Zimbra Mailboxes" can be interpreted as "the number of mailboxes that will be using Mobile sync" don't you think?
    We're sorry that you didn't easily find the proper licensing information you needed, we did our best to make that information available in different places and ways.

Again, we'll provide you with a full refund if what you purchased doesn't fit your needs.

We aim to provide the best user experience possible both in our software and in our services, so we'll take your critique as an opportunity to further improve our service.

I have purchased a full bundle which is 70 EUR, so if I upgrade it will be additional 70 EUR and I want only 3 mailboxes to be "mobile". And I still don't understand this policy because hiding behind "one size fits all" policy is just not right.
    Regarding the "one size fits all" pricing scheme's unfairness, I beg to differ.
    As explained in a previous post of this thread (see here: http://forums.zextras.com/zxmobile/2...g.html#post792), the licensing is designed the way it is in order to keep prices low... If we took away the licensing limitations and raise the price by, say, 5 times we would just shift the licensing in favor of small customers disadvantaging the larger ones, while now the pricing is fair for both small and large ones.

The ZeXtras Team

We can discuss about your licensing for a long time and you can always differ and say that you are right but the thing is that you lost me as a customer and also some of my customers too because I just can't find it logical. No hard feelings

Agreed, no hard feelings

Thank you for your feedback!

Have a nice day,
    Cine

Quote Originally Posted by Cine View Post
    Yes, it does..

As I said, the licensing system has been carefully designed to be fair with both small and large companies, and licensing our modules by used account would have meant a raise in the price which would have been troublesome for most of our customers.

The use of this kind of licensing also allows us to be more flexible on quantities and support...
    Frankly, I still have to see a comparable solution that allows you to license your mailboxes on a Pay-per-Use basis or that doesn't require you to pay additional fees/have an ongoing license to open a support ticket.

Now, please allow me a small personal assessment:
    I think everyone who read at least a couple of posts on this forums can agree that I'm not a sales guy, I'd like to be clear that I'm not trying to sell anything to anybody.

Thus said, I ask you a little trust on what stated on this matter: Planning our licensing mode to provide the best possible experience required a lot of effort and the feedbacks we get on it are showing that we are on track to achieve our goals of a fair and flexible licensing system.

Moreover, if you think that ZeXtras' licensing system is not fair just because you need to license all your mailboxes on your server, please try to consider what you actually get with ZeXtras: you'll notice that it's not just a license for a product, but a wide range of additional services and a constantly improving seller-to-buyer experience.

Have a nice day,
    Cine

I just want to add that I think your licensing model is pretty fair. My solution was to have 2 separate virtual Zimbra servers running on ESX one with the enterprise team consisting of under 20 mailbox's my other VM has all the 'open source' domains and no one using mobile push. Under this setup I can enable ZxMobile for under 100$ for a perpetual license. This is marvelous!! These guys have to make some money as well, for 80$ for a lifetime to enable true active-sync capabilities is huge.

However I do agree that perhaps in certain situations this might at seem troubling at first however in my situation its perfect. The flip side of this is that with the reverse model they would have to charge more money per license.

Perhaps you should create a separate custom licensing model per COS but please dont effect the rates of us users that greatly benefit from this model!!

Ive been running Zimbra open Source for about 4-5 years now and have many clients running on it. This is the best thing ive come across and Ive toyed with many other solutions. I just installed this last week but so far I am very impressed.

Just my 2cents

Cheers,
    d0s0n, Zeus, Cine and 1 others like this.

I'll use this thread instead of opening a new one.

First things, first.

Hello and thanks for your applications.

We'll be buying some licenses in (very) near future and we have just one silly little question.
    If we buy now as it is a 1.6.2 version if i recall correctly.
    should we have to buy again for the 2.x (which should include a remote wipe which is very important for us) or would the license apply for the application and its updates ?

Thank you very much
    Last edited by nm_was; 11-08-2012 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nm_was View Post
    I'll use this thread instead of opening a new one.

First things, first.

Hello and thanks for your applications.

We'll be buying some licenses in (very) near future and we have just one silly little question.
    If we buy now as it is a 1.6.2 version if i recall correctly.
    should we have to buy again for the 2.x (which should include a remote wipe which is very important for us) or would the license apply for the application and its updates ?

Thank you very much
    Hello nm_was,
    welcome to the forums!

No ZeXtras Suite updates will ever require you to purchase a different license

Have a nice day,
    Cine

Hello, i need to upgrade the licence (i make it each 2 months) but this time i can't pay in euro. The interface propose only in $.
    I have make some mistake ? There is any change in your

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123