Zimbra 9

Thread: Zimbra 9

Zimbra 9

Hi,

I really love Zextra's and wondered how you have planned to respond to Zimbra 9.
    I can see there is an open sourced version on GitHub.
    My question is

are you
    1/ Going to support Zimbra 9 as in Git hub ? - I guess that is unlikely but I ask anyway

2/ Are you going to Fork Zimbra and take it forward as a complete solution under Zextra's ?

I understand you amy not be able to comment on this either fully or at all due to contractual confidentiality or NDA's but thought I would ask.

Any indications as to what might be happening would be great.

I see the road map is pretty thick and fast this year which looks great and I am assuming that this means you have a long term plan.

Synacor's product is now pretty over priced in my opinion and as such I can't see how that will work for them but I guess it may, the dominance of 365 and Gmail is a problem and their offerings are not as good as they appear on the surface.

Thanks in advance.

The CEO ZeXtras Employee
    Participant
    Hi,
    I just posted on this topic here:
    https://forums.zextras.com/feedback/...-3-0-10-a.html
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

ZeXtras CEO. Like a Boss.

So overall what if the difference between the Zimbra version and the Zextras version?

I would have hoped as a minimum it would have zextras built in may be

The CEO ZeXtras Employee
    Participant
    Hi glennbtn !

The main difference between the Zextras build of Zimbra 9 Open Source and the Zimbra build is that there is no Zimbra build of Zimbra 9 Open Source.
    Zextras Suite is fully compatible with Zimbra 9 Open Source build by Zextras but we chose not to modify the Zimbra Open Source code in any way, therefor there is no inclusion of Zextras Suite in Zimbra 9 Open Source build by Zextras.

Bests
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

ZeXtras CEO. Like a Boss.