GAL items icon display issue

Thread: GAL items icon display issue

Question GAL items icon display issue

Dear friends,
    I am now preparing the migration project of our email system to Zimbra Collaboration Suite, for this purpose i installed a demo platform in which has an issue (bug) related to GAL items display.

Despite several attempts to reset the syncgal account and its shared datastore, When i list GAL items (from webmail or Zimbra desktop) they appear with a similar icon (see ), Or normally for each items (DL, user account, resources) a customized icon should be displayed (see ).
    In addition, when a DL is selected a black area is displayed (see )
    instead of the subscription/unsubscribe button, and the information related to this liste ().
    ** The demo platform is based on Zimbra NE trial version with Zimbra-internal LDAP for GAL

Thank you in advance for your help/ideas ....

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello Bouguera,
    welcome to the forums!

This might be a caching issue, do the same icons appear even when accessing the WebClient in Dev Mode (by adding "?dev=1" to the URL, e.g. https://mail.yourdomain.com/?dev=1)?

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Hi Cine ,
    Thanks for you reply

I doubt that it can come from the cache so i excute the following command from CLI : zmprov flushCache locale / zmprov flushCache skin
    Sill the same issue even if i try the dev mode ....

Hello everybody
    I have news about this issue !
    So !

When i delete the GAL shared datastore from my contact view, then i logout/login on my mailbox account , then i perform a search in the GAL from the search bar (available in the upper right when using the webmaill) , all GAL items icon are displayed correctly.
    to be sure that it's not a caching issue i logout/login once again and i perform a new search (from the search bar), items's icon are always displayed correctly.

After That , !!
    i try to add the GAL shared datastore, then list GAL items, icon are displayed correctly. I exchange the tab (contacts, mail, calendar ...etc ), and list GAL items , icon are displayed always correctly.

BUT when i perform a ctrl + F5 to refresh the page, I have again the same problem

any ideas ??
    thank you in advance

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello boguera!

I've done some research, and it appears that sharing and mounting the galsync's datasource on a mailbox is either not supported or not properly working as the shared "address book" does not inherit the icon information... I suggest checking the official Zimbra Forum for more information about this, and eventually to file a bug report at https://bugzilla.zimbra.com...

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Hi Cine ,
    Thanks for you reply

i submit a request to Zimbra Network Support
    I keep you informed if i have more information

Thank you

Hello everybody
    So after some discussion with the Zimbra support. it appeared that this is a known bug : https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=80359
    a similar bug is here : https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=75098

Until they find us a solution i voted and added some comments
    Thank you all