Mailbox count

Thread: Mailbox count

Mailbox count

I have just installed the trial of Zextras Suite. It shows that I have 16 total mailboxes of which 4 are resources. But I have only 10 total mailboxes including the 4 resource ones.

I did have more in the past and deleted them and went to using aliases for those. Is there some cleanup that never happened? How can I clean it up?

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello samgreco!

That's really strange, could you please send the output of the `zmprov -l gaa | wc -l` command along with a screenshot of the "Core" section of the ZeXtras Administration Zimlet to community@zextras.com?

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team
    Last edited by Cine; 10-01-2015 at 03:32 PM.
    IT Support Team Contact Form
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website
    # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Have ZeXtras Suite or ZeXtras Migration Tool been helpful to you?
    Share your experience in the Zimbra Gallery!

ZeXtras Suite on the Zimbra Gallery
    ZeXtras Migration Tool on the Zimbra Gallery

Hello Sam!

I got your email, and it seems that the mailbox count you see in the "Core" section of the ZeXtras Administration Zimlet is indeed correct as - albeit the names - the "ham", "spam" and "wiki" accounts in your list are not flagged as System Accounts (the icon would be different, a green star in Zimbra 8.6.0).

To confirm this, could you please search for "spam" in the search box on top of the page selecting "All object types" from the drop-down menu? The search should return 2 accounts: the one with the "user" icon you can see in your account list and the actual "spam" system account with the green star icon...
    Usually you can freely delete the "normal" spam and ham accounts, and if you want to make sure that those are not used anymore you can check the `zimbraSpamIsSpamAccount` and `zimbraSpamIsNotSpamAccount` globalconfig properties...

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website

So I am a bit confused. I show 2 accounts after searching for SPAM. One shows locked and the other has the green system account marker. When I do:
    zmprov gacf | grep -i spamis

I get:
    zimbraSpamIsNotSpamAccount: ham-wijvgas1@samgreco.net
    zimbraSpamIsSpamAccount: spam-xi4mgjskl@samgreco.net

The one with the Lock is the one shown here as the IsSpam account; Do I need to change the system account?

spam-accounts.jpg

After re-reading your last reply, I now understand. I have deleted the spam and ham accounts and made the ones marked as System accounts the correct ones. I think this may have been from when I moved to a new server, including going from CentOS 32-bit to Ubuntu 64-bit. I used your migration tool at the time. I don't know if these extra accounts were a left over from that.

So the Wiki@ accounts should also be marked as system, yes? And finally, there is a zimbra@ account. Do you know if that can or should be deleted? There is nothing in there.

And BTW, Zextras Suite so far is awesome. The Mobile zimlet works flawlessly as does the Backup (the main reasons I am looking at this).

Hello Sam!

System Accounts such as ham@, spam@ and quarantine@ are created during Zimbra's installation process and thus the source server's ones are migrated as "normal" accounts (unless the "Skip System Accounts" option has been enabled).

The "wiki@" account is a legacy system account (Zimbra 6.x era) that is not used anymore: you can freely delete it, as when migrating from Zimbra 6.x to a newer release all wiki items are automatically converted in briefcase documents - as it happens when upgrading Zimbra.
    As for the "zimbra@" account, there is no system account by that name so I'd say it's safe to delete it...

I'm really glad you enjoy our software, we always do our best and receiving such positive feedback is great!

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website