Multiple domains with multiple COS

Thread: Multiple domains with multiple COS

Multiple domains with multiple COS

Hi All,

I would like to understand more about the licensing for the ZeXtras Suite and setup.

Currently I have a multi-store mail servers which 3 of them runs the mailboxd service which I understand I must install the ZeXtras Suite on each of them. I have 2 MTA/Proxy mail servers in-front of my mailstore servers and I have multiple domains with about 2 COS for each domains.

Questions:
    1. Is there a more detail setup guide for the ZeXtras Suite given my current setup?
    2. I have about 1500 users of which not all of them make use of Calendar function on the Zimbra servers. I would like to selectively enable ZxMobile for the user so I would like to know how do I go about to get license for this?
    3. Does ZeXtras Suite allows buying licenses in batch? Can the license be added together as the needs increases?

Thanks & Regards.

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello Paladinemishakal,
    welcome to the forums!

1)
    The ZeXtras Suite Installation Guide, found on the ZeXtras Wiki, covers both single and multi-server setups. I confirm that ZeXtras Suite must be installed on all servers running the 'mailboxd' service in order to be functional, and as a general advice I'd suggest to install it at the same time on all your mailbox servers to avoid version mismatch issues.

2)
    You can selectively enable mobile synchronization per user and per COS, but according to our Licensing your ZeXtras Suite License must cover all mailboxes on the server (excluding, of course, System/Calendar resources and External Accounts). More information about our licensing system is available here.

3)
    In order to add more time, modules and mailboxes to your license, the "Upgrade License" feature is available in your ZeXtras Store account. This feature allows you to add any number of mailboxes, extend your license duration and move from "ZxBackup" or "ZxMobile" to "Bundle" autonomously.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team
    IT Support Team Contact Form
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website
    # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Have ZeXtras Suite or ZeXtras Migration Tool been helpful to you?
    Share your experience in the Zimbra Gallery!

ZeXtras Suite on the Zimbra Gallery
    ZeXtras Migration Tool on the Zimbra Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Cine View Post
    Hello Paladinemishakal,
    welcome to the forums!

1)
    The ZeXtras Suite Installation Guide, found on the ZeXtras Wiki, covers both single and multi-server setups. I confirm that ZeXtras Suite must be installed on all servers running the 'mailboxd' service in order to be functional, and as a general advice I'd suggest to install it at the same time on all your mailbox servers to avoid version mismatch issues.

2)
    You can selectively enable mobile synchronization per user and per COS, but according to our Licensing your ZeXtras Suite License must cover all mailboxes on the server (excluding, of course, System/Calendar resources and External Accounts). More information about our licensing system is available here.

3)
    In order to add more time, modules and mailboxes to your license, the "Upgrade License" feature is available in your ZeXtras Store account. This feature allows you to add any number of mailboxes, extend your license duration and move from "ZxBackup" or "ZxMobile" to "Bundle" autonomously.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team
    Hi Cine,

For item 1, so for multistore servers, I need to install the full suite on all the servers?

Regards.

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladinemishakal View Post
    Hi Cine,

For item 1, so for multistore servers, I need to install the full suite on all the servers?

Regards.
    Hello Paladinemishakal!

ZeXtras Suite must be installed on all servers running the 'mailboxd' service.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team
    IT Support Team Contact Form
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website
    # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Have ZeXtras Suite or ZeXtras Migration Tool been helpful to you?
    Share your experience in the Zimbra Gallery!

ZeXtras Suite on the Zimbra Gallery
    ZeXtras Migration Tool on the Zimbra Gallery