ZeXtras Suite 1.9.x: Information and Feedback - Page 7
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: ZeXtras Suite 1.9.x: Information and Feedback

I dont see any zextras related thing in the log file. At least the log is looks like the same like without zextras.
    This process was eat the cpu, after installing the zextras suite and the mailboxdmgr restarted the cpu load of this process raised to 100-300%
    After i remove the zextras suite and restarted the mailboxdmgr the load is back to 1-20% again.

root 24320 0.0 0.0 6472 328 ? Ss 14:07 0:00 /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmmailboxdmgr start -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -server -Djava.awt.headless=true -Dsu
    zimbra 24321 7.2 15.8 7997168 1296624 ? Sl 14:07 8:45 \_ /opt/zimbra/java/bin/java -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -server -Djava.awt.headless=true -Dsun.net.inet

I have a strange issue with the zimbra 8.5.0. I have all services up and running what i see in the console 'zmcontrol status' and everything is working fine, but in the administration web page i see all the zimbra services is not running marked with the red X. I dont know it is related to the zextras issue or not, jut want to tell you.

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vadonka View Post
    I dont see any zextras related thing in the log file. At least the log is looks like the same like without zextras.
    This process was eat the cpu, after installing the zextras suite and the mailboxdmgr restarted the cpu load of this process raised to 100-300%
    After i remove the zextras suite and restarted the mailboxdmgr the load is back to 1-20% again.

root 24320 0.0 0.0 6472 328 ? Ss 14:07 0:00 /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmmailboxdmgr start -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -server -Djava.awt.headless=true -Dsu
    zimbra 24321 7.2 15.8 7997168 1296624 ? Sl 14:07 8:45 \_ /opt/zimbra/java/bin/java -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -server -Djava.awt.headless=true -Dsun.net.inet

I have a strange issue with the zimbra 8.5.0. I have all services up and running what i see in the console 'zmcontrol status' and everything is working fine, but in the administration web page i see all the zimbra services is not running marked with the red X. I dont know it is related to the zextras issue or not, jut want to tell you.
    Hello vadonka!

There are many possible causes for this behaviour, both related and unrelated to ZeXtras suite: in order to help you I'd need the relevant mailbox.log and a thread dump done when the server is under high load...

You can have Zimbra save a lot of useful debug information, including the thread dump, by running

Code:
    /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmdiaglog -z
    as root.

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team
    IT Support Team Contact Form
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website
    # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Have ZeXtras Suite or ZeXtras Migration Tool been helpful to you?
    Share your experience in the Zimbra Gallery!

ZeXtras Suite on the Zimbra Gallery
    ZeXtras Migration Tool on the Zimbra Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Cine View Post
    Hello emoon3!

Can you please run `iostat -xm 1`as root, let it run for 15-20 seconds and send the full output to community@zextras.com along with the External Restore log found in /opt/zimbra/log/?

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team
    Hi Cine,

Have you guys been able to take a look to see why the imports are slow?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by emoon3 View Post
    Hi Cine,

Have you guys been able to take a look to see why the imports are slow?

Thanks!
    Hello emoon3!

We are still investigating the issue, but we found a couple of ZeXtras Backup issues that might be related to it... I'll report back as soon as I have any final info from the devs...

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website

I have too this issue "Move Blobs failed". But, i have too this related issue when I try to get mail before -6 month "Missing Blob for item XXXX". My zextraPowerstore is configure to "message,document:before-6month".
    When i make "zxsuite powerstore doCheckBlobs start mailbox_ids XX", i have lot :
    "2014-10-01 14:03:09,226 WARN Size Mismatch for file /opt/zimbra-data-sec/0/40/msg/2/10339-57467.msg. Expected: 2025351 - Read: 0 - File size: 0"
    The file /opt/zimbra-data-sec/0/40/msg/2/10339-57467.msg exist but is empty.

I have desactivated zextraPowerstore and i try on mailbox test to restore the backup (but message are already with "Missing Blob" error).

1/ Do you kown when this issue may be resolve ?
    2/ It's necessary to keep my backups in other place ? (I will need to restore manualy or the update will be restore all mails ?).

Thanks in advance !

Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    I have too this issue "Move Blobs failed". But, i have too this related issue when I try to get mail before -6 month "Missing Blob for item XXXX". My zextraPowerstore is configure to "message,document:before-6month".
    When i make "zxsuite powerstore doCheckBlobs start mailbox_ids XX", i have lot :
    "2014-10-01 14:03:09,226 WARN Size Mismatch for file /opt/zimbra-data-sec/0/40/msg/2/10339-57467.msg. Expected: 2025351 - Read: 0 - File size: 0"
    The file /opt/zimbra-data-sec/0/40/msg/2/10339-57467.msg exist but is empty.

I have desactivated zextraPowerstore and i try on mailbox test to restore the backup (but message are already with "Missing Blob" error).

1/ Do you kown when this issue may be resolve ?
    2/ It's necessary to keep my backups in other place ? (I will need to restore manualy or the update will be restore all mails ?).

Thanks in advance !
    Hello Mistral!

A couple of questions:

- What ZeXtras Suite version are you running?
    - What do you mean by "a lot" of errors? Can you give me a rough percentage compared to the total?
    - What kind of storage/filesystem are the files saved on?
    - Could you please run a health check on your storage device and on the filesystem where the affected volume is?
    - Could you please try running zimbra's `zmblobchk` tool and crosscheck the results? Does it return the same output as the doBlobCheck command?

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website

=> Zextras 1.9.2
    - What do you mean by "a lot" of errors? Can you give me a rough percentage compared to the total?
    => All of mail on the second volume (zextraPowerstore).
    => /dev/sdd1 on /opt/zimbra-data-sec type ext4 (rw,dirsync,noatime,errors=remount-ro) (It's a SATA drive.)
    - Could you please run a health check on your storage device and on the filesystem where the affected volume is?
    => The smart status is unavailable. With "hdparm -t --direct /dev/sdd1", i have "Timing O_DIRECT disk reads: 360 MB in 3.00 seconds = 119.88 MB/sec".
    - Could you please try running zimbra's `zmblobchk` tool and crosscheck the results? Does it return the same output as the doBlobCheck command?
    => I have the follow error :
    zimbra@xxx:~$ zmblobchk -m 40 start
    [] INFO: Setting mysql connector property: maxActive=100
    [] WARN: Could not establish a connection to the database. Retrying in 5 seconds.
    com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: system failure: getting database connection
    [... and trace / retry and again the same trace ... ]

Maybe i use the zmblobchk's commande not correctly ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    => Zextras 1.9.2
    => All of mail on the second volume (zextraPowerstore).
    => /dev/sdd1 on /opt/zimbra-data-sec type ext4 (rw,dirsync,noatime,errors=remount-ro) (It's a SATA drive.)
    => The smart status is unavailable. With "hdparm -t --direct /dev/sdd1", i have "Timing O_DIRECT disk reads: 360 MB in 3.00 seconds = 119.88 MB/sec".
    => I have the follow error :
    zimbra@xxx:~$ zmblobchk -m 40 start
    [] WARN: Could not establish a connection to the database. Retrying in 5 seconds.
    com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: system failure: getting database connection
    [... and trace / retry and again the same trace ... ]

Maybe i use the zmblobchk's commande not correctly ?
    Hello Mistral!

This is puzzling... So all files in the /opt/zimbra-data-sec/ have size '0'?

Could you please tell me more about your infrastructure, its history, and any possible info pertaining the affected volume? This is something I've never seen before so any piece of context might help...

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website

So all files in the /opt/zimbra-data-sec/ have size '0'?
    No, only someone but all file in /opt/zimbra-data-sec/0/40/* have size '0' (some mailbox in the same case, but not all).

Could you please tell me more about your infrastructure, its history, and any possible info pertaining the affected volume? This is something I've never seen before so any piece of context might help...
    I dont know what i can say about, this server have long history.

- The last update of operating systems is make 1th september (from ubuntu 12.04 to 14.04 LTS), with update of zimbra from 8.0 to 8.5.
    - I have update to zextras 1.9 when it's release, and to 1.9.2 later.
    - After, I have activate the zextraspowerstore but zextraspowerstore not allowed me to move data from one storage to others. Only if i create an storage on the "second storage". So i have two storages on "first storage" (the original storage on data1 -active-, and an other storage call data2-todelete" because i can't delete him when he have some mails on) and one storage on "second storage" -active-. The HSM policy was "message,document:before-6month" (actualy, i have disabled it)

Other information who can help :
    - the mailbox "40" is a wailbox who is share to multiple users (and nothing use it directly : the last connection date is "never")
    - "Enable Compression" is active on second storage but not in first storage.

pgn
    It's been ~ a month since the release of Zimbra 8.5.

v8.5 is not simply a convenience upgrade, it solves some major production problems.

Reliable backup is critical to production reliability; Zextras has been our preferred, commercial choice for that backup.

I understand v8.5-compatible Zextras v1.92+ is being debugged; 'beta' does not meet our production standards.

That said, we need to make the move to Zimbra v8.5, and make a decision about backup. I suspect it's one others are considering as well: stick with Zextras, or move to other options.

It simply depends on a reliable timeframe for a reliable release.

When will a production-ready BACKUP capability (not *necessarily* all functions of Zextras suite) be available? If the answer is simply "When it's done", please clearly state that.

Thanks.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast