ZeXtras Suite 1.9.x: Information and Feedback - Page 6
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: ZeXtras Suite 1.9.x: Information and Feedback

Hello!

We're migrating from 7.2NE single server to 8.5NE multiserver using 1.9.2.

The import is taking a VERY long time. I started an import 13 hours ago, 10 users around 60 GB of data and it's only on the 8th user. I have real time scanning turned off on both servers. We're running on a VM with 2 cores 16 GB of RAM. The restore location is on an NFS mount. We're not showing that the network is being taxed at all.

Any pointers that might speed things up?

Thanks.

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emoon3 View Post
    Hello!

We're migrating from 7.2NE single server to 8.5NE multiserver using 1.9.2.

The import is taking a VERY long time. I started an import 13 hours ago, 10 users around 60 GB of data and it's only on the 8th user. I have real time scanning turned off on both servers. We're running on a VM with 2 cores 16 GB of RAM. The restore location is on an NFS mount. We're not showing that the network is being taxed at all.

Any pointers that might speed things up?

Thanks.
    Hello emoon3!
    Storage is usually the main bottleneck during imports, so may I ask where the NFS share resides on?

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Quote Originally Posted by Cine View Post
    Hello emoon3!
    Storage is usually the main bottleneck during imports, so may I ask where the NFS share resides on?

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team
    It's on the same storage as the VM connected via a 10Gb connection. We're getting 650MB a second throughput so it should be fast enough for the import.

Thanks!

It's on the same storage as the VM connected via a 10Gb connection. We're getting 650MB a second throughput so it should be fast enough for the import.

Thanks!
    Hello emoon3!

Can you please run `iostat -xm 1`as root, let it run for 15-20 seconds and send the full output to community@zextras.com along with the External Restore log found in /opt/zimbra/log/?

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    the ZeXtras Team

Thanks!
    Sent. Thanks.

Any news about the non beta version?
    We only use the zxchat. I can install the 1.9.2 beta on the zimbra 8.5.0 along with zxchat?
    We would be used in production enviroment, so if any cirital bugs still exsist i wouldn't install.

One more thing. It seems like every time I start a restore, the setting to skip importing COSes is ignored. I get all the COSes and it also imports the authentication method as well.

So the original server was using LDAP. The new one uses AD. After every import, I have to change my authentication setting back to AD.

Is this a bug or intended behavior?

Hi emmoon3,

I need to check the skip_coses option on this BETA version as it isn't an intended behaviour, but, on the other hand the autentication settings are a domain property and (for now) cannot be skipped. But, it is already in our roadmap as RFE (skip_domain_setting options will be added soon).

D0s0n
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Head of ZeXtras System Administrators

I just installed the 1.9.2 beta on the Zimbra 8.5.0 p1. Caused immediatelly high cpu load at zmmailboxdmgr.
    Uninstalled the zextras suite solved the problem. This is way too buggy to use in any enviroment.

Quote Originally Posted by vadonka View Post
    I just installed the 1.9.2 beta on the Zimbra 8.5.0 p1. Caused immediatelly high cpu load at zmmailboxdmgr.
    Uninstalled the zextras suite solved the problem. This is way too buggy to use in any enviroment.
    Hello Vadonka!

That's a bit puzzling, as there are many ZxChat users running 1.9.2 without any similar issue... I'd like to further investigate this, could you please send the relevant mailbox.log file to community@zextras.com?

Have a nice day,
    Cine

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast