New Module ZxAdmin

Thread: New Module ZxAdmin

Active Member ZeXtras Reseller

New Module ZxAdmin

Hello, I thought I would share some feature requests for ZxAdmin.

- The ability to prevent an administrator from reading other mailbox's.
    - Multiple / Configurable daily audit report showing admins audit history, by domain, specifically password changes.
    -The ability to limit admins by domain, and admin features. i.e. change passwords but not COS

PS. Futures thread is not enabled yet.

ZeXtras Community Manager ZeXtras Employee Cine's Avatar
    Hello Powrrrplay,
    welcome to the forums!

Thank you for your feedback, it is really appreciated!

In this moment I can only say that the third feature you mention is surely going to be included, while the first one is still being internally discussed.
    The second feature you suggest is immediatly being added to the list of features our team will review and discuss

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    IT Support Team Contact Form
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website
    # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Have ZeXtras Suite or ZeXtras Migration Tool been helpful to you?
    Share your experience in the Zimbra Gallery!

ZeXtras Suite on the Zimbra Gallery
    ZeXtras Migration Tool on the Zimbra Gallery

Active Member ZeXtras Reseller
    Thank you Cine.

BTW, regarding item #2. I figured that this could best be handled by a cron job that runs nightly, similar to the Zimbra Daily Mail report. That way the master admin, along with the domain admin(s), could be notified of new mailbox adds for accounting purposes.

Hi Cine,
    Any plans for an ZeXtras Openldap tool including view and change Zimbra Openldap configuration ?
    Thanks,
    Perry

Quote Originally Posted by ppdeonet View Post
    Hi Cine,
    Any plans for an ZeXtras Openldap tool including view and change Zimbra Openldap configuration ?
    Thanks,
    Perry
    Hi Perry!

Manually tampering with Zimbra's LDAP is usually a very bad idea and ZeXtras strongly advices against it, so a feature that allows this will not be included in the module

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website

abt

onsite admin

In my mind there should be 3 admin types for a Zimbra Box. 1 is the Global Admin with full rights to everything (me) and then there are domain admins who should be able to do just about everything in their own domain, except view mail; then there is the "onsite admin"... The onsite Admin is usually the site "go-to person," this person is not usually very technical, but knows just enough to be dangerous (unintentionally most of the time,) and this user type should have the ability to add new users to the system, unlock accounts, lock accounts and change passwords, but that's about it, I don't even want them to have delete rights. I can see you have the first 2 admin types covered, but I bet the "onsite admin" option would be well received by your customer base. I for one, would love that option.

My .02

Quote Originally Posted by abt View Post
    In my mind there should be 3 admin types for a Zimbra Box. 1 is the Global Admin with full rights to everything (me) and then there are domain admins who should be able to do just about everything in their own domain, except view mail; then there is the "onsite admin"... The onsite Admin is usually the site "go-to person," this person is not usually very technical, but knows just enough to be dangerous (unintentionally most of the time,) and this user type should have the ability to add new users to the system, unlock accounts, lock accounts and change passwords, but that's about it, I don't even want them to have delete rights. I can see you have the first 2 admin types covered, but I bet the "onsite admin" option would be well received by your customer base. I for one, would love that option.

My .02
    Hello abt,

welcome to the forums and thanks for your suggestion!

It's a bit of a different spin than the usual "Global/Reseller/Domain" admin logic, I'll make sure the design team reads your post

Have a nice day,
    Cine
    Sales Team Contact Form

ZeXtras Website