Zimbra 8.8.15 is the last OSS what is the new roadmap for zextras

Thread: Zimbra 8.8.15 is the last OSS what is the new roadmap for zextras

Zimbra 8.8.15 is the last OSS what is the new roadmap for zextras

On April 7 Synacor announced that ZImbra 9 will not be released as Open Source.
    Does Zextras have any initial thoughts on what it's roadmap will look like moving forward ?

My guess is that question is best answered by Synacor (not very likely) and I'd also guess that when support ends in 2024 that will be the end of the OSS version of ZCS. If there is any roadmap I wouldn't think that Synacor would tell anyone on a forum what it's likely to be. As I've mentioned many time, Synacor has a closed source mindset and that's been demonstrated by the current statements (of lack thereof) from the company. I do believe that there are no repositories dedicated to any OSS version of ZCS 9 going forward.
    Regards

Bill

Yeah I agree but being that there is still an 8.8.15 OSS , Zextras and others in the community can take it in their own direction no ?

Quote Originally Posted by aderium View Post
    Yeah I agree but being that there is still an 8.8.15 OSS , Zextras and others in the community can take it in their own direction no ?
    Yes, that's a possibility but I'd suggest that people would need to get a move if it's going to be 'forked', I guess there would be a lot of work before support ends in 2024.
    Regards

Bill

tgx
    What a storied history Zimbra has had. Honestly I feel that the heart of Zimbra is now with Zextras.
    I wonder if Zextras has the capacity/desire to simply take OSS Zimbra to a new future? As an avid
    Zextras customer and supporter I would love to see that happen.