Thread: Zimbra 7.2 32bit to 64bit and OS Change

Zimbra 7.2 32bit to 64bit and OS Change

Greetings-

Hopefully this topic hasn't been beated to death yet...

I have a system running Zimbra 7.2 (Open Source) 32-bit on CentOS 5.8. Since 32bit Zimbra is deprecated, and CentOS 6 is alive and stable, I'd like to migrate to a new CentOS 6.2 host, running the 64bit version. Will the ZeXtras tools allow me to migrate from the old server to the new server without any problems? I imagine the actual data being migrated is not bit width specific, but rather it falls on the actual applications/daemons that comprise the Zimbra suite correct?

Hi tnelson and welcome to the forums!

Quote Originally Posted by tnelson View Post
    Will the ZeXtras tools allow me to migrate from the old server to the new server without any problems?
    It is precisely what ZeXtras is intended to do.

Quote Originally Posted by tnelson View Post
    I imagine the actual data being migrated is not bit width specific, but rather it falls on the actual applications/daemons that comprise the Zimbra suite correct?
    ZeXtras Suite is an high level tool that asks Zimbra for every single item (data, metadata and user preferences) regardless of applications or daemons.
    ZeXtras makes no mysql/ldap dumps, it asks java application objects to Zimbra, using native APIs, and archive them on export/backup folder in architecture indipendent format, so do not worry about bit width.

D0s0n
    ZeXtras Website # ZeXtras Wiki # ZeXtras Store

Head of ZeXtras System Administrators

Fantastic, thank you!

LinkBacks (?)